NQT and RQT Support
Resources for NQTs
The recordings below will support your understanding on mental health, behaviour and teacher wellbeing
- Supporting children’s and young people’s mental health
- Approach to behaviour management - Solution Focused Coaching
- Teacher wellbeing
- Evidence Based Education EBE Great Teaching Toolkit: Evidence Review
- The Beginning Teacher's Behaviour Toolkit: A Summary
- Early Career Framework 2019
- Early Career Framework, Recruitment and Retention
- Addressing workload in Initial Teacher Education (ITE)
- Workload reduction toolkit
- Keeping children safe in education - Statutory guidance for schools and colleges on safeguarding children and safer recruitment
- DfE Commonwealth Education Pack 2018 [PDF]
- Effective Primary Teaching Practice Report 2016 [PDF]
- Induction Guidance for newly qualified teachers (NQTs)
- Inductions appeal procedures
- TES advice for new teachers
- Newly qualified teachers (NQTs): annual survey 2016
- Guardian Teachers Network
- Keeping safe in education - statutory guidance.
- Teachers' Media
- Hit the Button
- Kahoot - A great site for learning through games for all ages
- Creating a Culture: How school leaders can optimise behaviour - Tom Bennett’s independent review on behaviour in schools
- Puzzlemaker - Part of the enormous commercial U.S.-based Discovery education site. Puzzlemaker enables you to create customised worksheets
- Some pointers for getting started as an NQT
- Useful classroom survival tips for NQTs
- Induction documentation
- Bold Beginnings: Ofsted Early Years Curriculum Report [PDF]
Information on government priority areas
This section provides relevant documents that will enhance your teaching and keep you abreast of developments on government priority areas.
- Standard for Teachers' Professional Development
- The Prevent Strategy - This provides a detailed account of the Governments Prevent agenda.
- Safeguarding and Child Protection – This provides guidance on the protection of vulnerable young people.
- Online Safety – Protecting our children from Radicalisation and Extremism - Bulletin issued by UK Safer Internet Centre November 2014.
- The Extremism taskforce report called ‘Tackling Extremism in the UK’. The report has recommended extended responsibilities in schools, for example: