Event Details9 November 2021 - 10 November 2021
09:30 – 17:00
Live online, facilitated by Gary Bradley.
Amazing course and fantastic tutor.Attendee review, 13 February 2020
Build on your Adobe Illustrator knowledge, develop additional skills and learn how to use the advanced tools within this professional vector editing software.
Learn from an experienced professional how to create high-quality illustrations, logos, graphs, diagrams, adverts, websites and web or print layouts for your clients. Increase your productivity and incorporate best practice into your workflow.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Create visually stunning, scalable graphics for use in web, mobile, video and print workflows.
- Save valuable time by learning little-known productivity tips and techniques.
Graphic designers, artists and experienced users of Adobe Illustrator who want to take their skills and creative output to the next level and utilise 3D and other special effects.
You're an Adobe Illustrator user, with skills equivalent to the level of the Adobe Illustrator Introduction course.
We expect delegates to be familiar with operating systems; able to navigate for files, and proficient using a keyboard and mouse.
You will also require the following IT set-up:
- A good internet connection – minimum speed of 1.6mb
- Google Chrome or Firefox as the internet browser
- The latest version of Adobe Illustrator installed on your machine – please check Illustrator System Requirements before downloading
- A dual monitor set-up for the best online experience – a laptop/TV could be used as a 2nd monitor
- A USB headset with microphone
(The price is inclusive and as an education provider we do not charge VAT.)
**** Please note our courses close 7 days prior to the start date ****
Please visit our online store for the next occurrence.
We offer a 10% discount to Leeds and Bradford Chamber of Commerce members. To claim your discount please call 0113 812 1725 and quote your Chamber membership number.
To keep you posted we will post upcoming additional dates for this course here. If you would like to enquire about future dates, please feel free to contact us.
We can design our courses to meet your specific business objectives, developing a tailored plan to deliver the results you're looking for.
Brushes let you style the appearance of paths. Learn how to create every type of Illustrator’s brushes, manage libraries and downloadable brushes.
- Create calligraphic, scatter, art, pattern, and bristle brush.
- Create and apply pixel brushes.
- Apply and edit brush strokes.
Edit beyond the simple limitations of an object bounding box and discover the possibilities of distortions, warps and meshes to sculpt your artwork.
- Use the Free Transform tool to place logos and artwork into a unique perspective.
- Apply a Gradient Mesh to morph and deform objects.
- Envelope Distort Mesh/ Top Object/ Warp.
- Modify shape dynamics such as corner widget radius and types.
- Use opacity masks to hide complex artwork and integrate seamlessly with photos.
Unshackle yourself from the methodical pen tool and learn how to build vector artwork more efficiently.
- Drawing modes.
- Use the Curvature tool to create beautifully smooth paths.
- Smoothing and simplifying paths with Auto-Simplify and local editing with tools.
- Build complex illustrations with the Shape Builder tool.
Source colours from the world around you with digital apps to capture colour themes, mix new swatches, colour groups and re-colour document artwork to achieve more realistic real-world shading.
- Live paint groups/ painting strokes and fills.
- Live paint bucket and live paint selection tools.
- Use the Blob brush tool to paint solid shapes.
- Appearance panel/ stacking order/ multiple fills and strokes.
- Apply and edit live effects.
- Use Graphic Styles to globally control the appearance of your artwork.
- Gradient Mesh.
- Use the blend tool to morph shapes and paths into one another.
- Use the Colour guide panel to build harmonious colour themes that can tie in with branded content or your illustrations primary palette.
- Recolouring complex artwork quickly and efficiently to other colour schemes.
- Paint and alter the hues of symbolism sets.
3D effects enable you to convincingly create the appearance of 3D objects from 2D artwork. Illustrator provides features to control object, lighting, and shading features and the ability to apply vector artwork onto 3D shapes.
- Create 3D effects from 2D shapes.
- Add lighting and texture to 3d effects.
- Add artwork to a 3D surface effect such as logos to create a product mock-up.
Create scalable vector artwork for the web that can adapt to the confines of handheld devices or desktop web experiences.
- PNG v SVG
- Export responsive SVGs.
- Explore free online SVG libraries
- Preview SVGs on a web page
Explore some of the ways in which you can extend the creative output of artwork from Illustrator with scripts.
- Learn about scripts and their use within Illustrator.
- Install our recommended free scripts.
- Use free scripts to extend illustrators capabilities and save time.
Sculpt your type and free yourself from the confines of the baseline to achieve beautiful results with your editable text.
- Use the Touch Type tool to move, scale type characters like objects and edit white space whilst keeping all aspects of type editing intact.
- Add type around a path or circle.
- Place text inside a shape.
- Convert text into paths.Warp and distort editable text.
Create rich info graphics with Illustrator artwork. Import and edit excel data within your Illustrator chart tools.
- Import and format excel data into a graph design.
- Swap between Illustrators built-in graph types and settings.
- Select and colour graph elements and chart design that can be plotted as data.
- Create visually captivating custom infographics such as Choropleth Maps, donut charts and Nightingale Rose Charts with standard illustrator features and tools.
Explore new possibilities in Illustrator Creative Cloud desktop and mobile apps and get up to speed with the latest creative, time-saving techniques.
- Create, manage and share CC libraries.
- Use CC library items across Illustrator Photoshop and InDesign.
- Download and edit free stock project templates.
What will I learn?
You will learn:
- Learn how to simplify the process of creating complex and challenging illustration work.
- Explore techniques for developing image finessing, styles and effects.
- Create 3D illustrations, lighting effects, and apply artwork to 3D objects.
- Accelerate web design projects with SVG export techniques direct from Illustrator shapes and create responsive web images.
- Learn the very latest features and enhancements to Illustrator CC.
Attending the course
We are online from 09:15 using the video conferencing software eyeson.
We’re based in the centre of Leeds at Cloth Hall Court, and we have cutting-edge facilities including the Development Studio for desktop, web and mobile platforms. The studio draws on academics with extensive high-level industrial experience in advanced programming techniques and world-class creative digital content essential to success in the creative digital industries.
Trainer & Reviews
Gary Bradley is an Adobe Certified Instructor and an award-winning graphic designer with over 17 years' commercial experience working as a designer and Creative Director in digital print, animation, CGI and illustration.
Gary has led global projects in creative multimedia technology, art direction and management for prestigious brands such as Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Nike, and Sainsbury's. His courses are designed to nurture and enhance your talent. He will take the knowledge that you have got and help you become more adept, more effective and more productive. He will share with you proven best practice techniques and little-known short cuts that can and will save you hours - all delivered in a style and language that you can relate to.
Gary is awesome as always!Attendee review, 28 March 2018
The training was excellent. Very much appreciated Q&A and discussion. It felt tailored to our level.Attendee review, 07 November 2018
Really engaging course which our team found very useful. Gary was a great tutor and created a very good balance between discussion and formal training.Tim Reid, 12 April 2017
Gary was excellent - good delivery of material and rapport with the group. Open and responsive to questions. Material was pitched just right.Nathan Edwards, 12 April 2017
Found everyone to be very helpful and usefulBen Wardle, 7 December 2016
Excellent course!Attendee review, 7 December 2016
Very knowledgeable and friendly tutor.Attendee review, 19 October 2011
If You Are Interested In Any Of Our Services Or Have A Question,
Please Contact Us.