Event DetailsTuesday 3rd - Wednesday 4th March 2020
09:30 – 17:00
Broadcasting Place, City Campus, Leeds Beckett University
The tutor was very attentive and knowledgeable. The course was also kept at a good pace.Attendee review, 25 July 2019
Master Adobe Photoshop’s powerful retouching tools and accelerate your path from imagination to imagery.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of the techniques used in professional design and retouching work, helping you to communicate your concepts clearly and effectively and deliver professional quality images to clients.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use the techniques of the 'pros' to create, manipulate and edit professional-quality images with skill and precision.
- Enhance the quality of your creative output.
- Improve your productivity with this powerful tool.
This course is ideal if you want to manipulate digital images using the advanced features of Photoshop, exploiting the power of masks and channels and using smart filters to apply exciting and editable effects.
You will be an experienced user of Adobe Photoshop, with skills equivalent to the level of the Adobe Photoshop Introduction course.
We expect delegates to be familiar with operating systems; able to navigate for files, and proficient using a keyboard and mouse.
(The price is inclusive and as an education provider we do not charge VAT.)
**** Please note our courses close 7 days prior to the start date ****
We offer a 10% discount to Leeds and Bradford Chamber of Commerce members. To claim your discount please call 0113 812 1725 and quote your Chamber membership number.
To keep you posted we will post upcoming additional dates for this course here. If you would like to enquire about future dates, please feel free to contact us.
We can design our courses to meet your specific business objectives, developing a tailored plan to deliver the results you're looking for.
Use Photoshop to edit quick-time video and image sequence files, add titles and a soundtrack. In this module you will create a short promotional video and render options for web output.
- Opening video files/ the timeline.
- Creating/ modifying a video layer.
- Adding text to video.
- Splitting a video layer.
- Adding a transition/ audio/ animation.
- Export to video.
- Create animated GIFs in Photoshop
- Export an animated GIF
There are occasions when you are required to apply identical modifications across multiple documents. Save time by recording image edits once and deploy them with Photoshop's automated actions feature with conditional actions that determine which set of edits to apply, according to the image characteristics.
- Export layer comps.
- Image processor.
- Batch process.
- Create actions and action sets.
- Insert a conditional.
Learning how to work with digital negatives and unlock the power of the Camera Raw editing in a none destructive XMP workflow.
- Camera Raw workflow.
- Set white balance
- Heal and retouch in Camera Raw
- Processing multiple files/ film strips.
- Sharpen images and reduce image grain.
- Adjustment brush/ radial filter/ graduated filter.
- Online stock image sites that offer free Raw images.
In this module we take a look at how to remove crowds of people in artwork originally shot at a busy public event. Stitch together panoramic images and create multiple design revisions in one document with layer comps.
- Create and update layer comps to store multiple designs in one file.
- Remove multiple people from a photo
- Create seamless panoramas.
- Filter layers by type/ name/ attribute/ colour.
- Create and modify layer groups.
- Work with blend modes
- Create channel effects and layer styles
You can use filters for a multitude of tasks; from adding creative blur effects for greater depth of field, to adding artwork in a perspective grid.
- Add logos to a perspective.
- Cloning in perspective.
- Create oil painting effects.
- Curve a logo onto rippled material.
- Add high impact focal points to images with blue effects.
- Add lighting effects to artwork such as spotlights.
- Create realistic smoke effects.
- Create realistic flames effects and control their colours and flame shapes.
- Remove sensitive information from images such as car registration plates with subtle pixelation filters.
- Create a pencil and watercolour wash effects
- Use Face-Aware liquify to add a smile to people in photos
We will guide you through some of the best tips and tricks for quick, effective retouching within Photoshop and Camera Raw. Edit organically by liquefying pixels for portrait images and spot retouching.
- Heal and retouch in Camera Raw.
- Liquify image content for more organic results.
- Content-Aware technology and panoramas.
Create vector shape layers that contain dynamic, live attributes that allow you to alter their fill, stroke and corner appearance without degrading quality.
- Vector based layers and shapes.
- Shape libraries.
- Define shape fills/ strokes characteristics.
- Add/ subtract and merge shapes.
- Dynamic shape properties.
High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging can overcome challenging photographic scenarios where lighting is either too bright or too dark. By combining multiple exposures into one composite image you can achieve real-world lighting conditions and enhance image detail.
- HDR Pro multiple images.
- Tone and retouch in Adobe Camera Raw.
Building upon the techniques found in our introduction course, this masking module takes a look at effective techniques for masking/extracting some of the most challenging subject matter from their backdrops.
- Masking hair on a new background.
- Refine and edit a selection.
- Masking layers and groups.
- Paint in a mask.
- Mask images inside editable text
- Create editable vignettes with a vector mask
We take a look at how your Adobe desktop apps integrate with online services and mobile devices.
- Create a new guide layout.
- Create and manage artboards.
- Quick export.
- Export layers/ groups/ artboards
What will I learn?
You will learn:
- The powerful retouching tools of Adobe Photoshop.
- How to organise disparate artwork efficiently.
- How to process digital negatives through Camera Raw and HDR Pro.
- The techniques that make extracting artwork from its background simpler and more effective.
- How to create promo videos for output to YouTube with the tools and features you use on a daily basis.
- How to automate repetitive tasks with Actions.
- How to composite complex layered documents and design revisions.
Attending the course
We are open from 09:00.
Refreshments will be available and a lunch voucher will be provided for use at any Leeds Beckett food outlet.
All the materials you will need will be provided.
We’re based in the centre of Leeds at Cloth Hall Court, and we have cutting-edge facilities including the Development Studio for desktop, web and mobile platforms. The studio draws on academics with extensive high-level industrial experience in advanced programming techniques and world-class creative digital content essential to success in the creative digital industries.
Trainer & Reviews
Gary Bradley is an Adobe Certified Instructor and an award-winning graphic designer with over 17 years' commercial experience working as a designer and Creative Director in digital print, animation, CGI and illustration.
Gary has led global projects in creative multimedia technology, art direction and management for prestigious brands such as Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Nike, and Sainsbury's. His courses are designed to nurture and enhance your talent. He will take the knowledge that you have got and help you become more adept, more effective and more productive. He will share with you proven best practice techniques and little-known short cuts that can and will save you hours - all delivered in a style and language that you can relate to.
Great course, facilities and tutor.Attendee review, 25 July 2019
The course was very easy to follow and every enjoyable!Attendee review, 25 July 2019
Great course, very informative and well laid out. Thank you.Attendee review, 6 June 2018
Excellent, very thorough and first class support.Attendee review, 24 October 2018
Brilliant course and tutor, Emmeline & Frank were also lovely, top facilities - all round brilliant in every way.Attendee review, 28 February 2018
The course is amazing. I would recommend everyone to take as the tutor is brilliant. She was always there to help and the facilities were great too.Attendee review, 28 February 2018
Gary is a really good tutor - he explains everything really well & the course was at a really good level. I would give 10/10 for tutor and content.Attendee review, 21 March 2017
You guys were all very helpful - thank you very much.Attendee review, 21 March 2017
Excellent course and tutor delivered at exactly the right level! 10/10Attendee review, 30 November 2016
It was excellent and i really enjoyed it.Amy Bodycombe, 30 November 2016
Gary is awesome!Attendee review, 13 October 2016
Very informative and would definitely come again for other courses.Attendee review, 17 March 2016
I feel i learned more today than i did throughout my entire degree and diploma. Thank youAttendee review, 10 December 2015
Gary - Fantastic tutor!Attendee review, 14 August 2015
Excellent set up made affordable through partnership with the Leeds District LEPAttendee review, 14 August 2015