Event DetailsWednesday 8th - Friday 10th May 2019
09:30 – 17:00
Cloth Hall Court, City Campus, Leeds Beckett University
Starting from scratch, this training course will introduce you to DaVinci Resolve and the way Resolve works so that you can quickly get to grips with this very powerful product. You will learn how to manage your projects, edit them, grade them and export whatever variants you or your client needs.
We will be using the free version of Resolve for this training course. However, this does not mean that the course will be restricted as the free version is still a powerful feature-rich product used in production around the world.
(We will not be using or demonstrating the DaVinci Resolve Panels.)
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Open and create new projects, import and export projects and manage your media and timelines.
- Perform a wide range of video editing tasks including creating and editing multicam sequences.
- Grade your clips (and timelines) in an organised and repeatable manner.
- Perform some advanced grading techniques.
- Save, copy and paste grades from one clip to another.
- Use OpenFX with your clips.
- Track items for OpenFX and secondary colour grading.
- Export your projects both for archive and for ‘final delivery’.
Anyone with an interest in video editing and colour grading.
Able to use standard applications such as Word. Please note that Resolve is quite a powerful programme and as such a reasonably up-to-date computer will be needed to run this programme yourself.
(The price is inclusive and as an education provider we do not charge VAT.)
**** Please note our courses close 7 days prior to the start date ****
We offer a 10% discount to Leeds and Bradford Chamber of Commerce members. To claim your discount please call 0113 812 1725 and quote your Chamber membership number.
To keep you posted we will post upcoming additional dates for this course here. If you would like to enquire about future dates, please feel free to contact us.
We can design our courses to meet your specific business objectives, developing a tailored plan to deliver the results you're looking for.
- Getting started: User interface
- Creating and importing Projects
- Configuring important project settings
- Importing and organising your media
- Selecting which parts of the media to use
- Creating timelines (Sequences)
- Editing tools
- Multicam editing
- Putting clips in motion
- Pan and Scan with dynamic zoom
- XMLs – What? Why? How?
- Creating titles
- Using and customising transitions
- Speed effects (FX)
- Working with audio in Resolve
- Archiving your projects
- Colour correction and balancing
- Node based colour grading – learning the tools
- Using and saving ‘versions’
- Using and saving ‘stills’
- Clips vs Timeline vs Group grading
- Secondary grading – Qualifiers
- Power windows
- OpenFX – Applying and tracking
- EXPORT – Delivering your final product
What will I learn?
You will know:
- How to use and navigate DaVinci Resolve.
- How to create and manage your video projects.
- How to select and edit assets (video, images, titles, audio) into a timeline.
- How to grade and balance your shots for a consistent look.
- How to deliver an appropriate finished video.
Attending the course
We are open from 09:00.
Refreshments will be available and lunch will be provided.
All the materials you will need will be provided.
We’re based in the centre of Leeds at Cloth Hall Court, and we have cutting-edge facilities including the Development Studio for desktop, web and mobile platforms. The studio draws on academics with extensive high-level industrial experience in advanced programming techniques and world-class creative digital content essential to success in the creative digital industries.
Trainers & Reviews
Andrew is an independent media producer working in video, motion graphics and 2D and 3D animation, and is an Adobe Certified Instructor for Adobe Première Pro and After Effects.
As a freelancer he spends much of his time training, both classroom and video for Première Pro, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve and Fusion as well other products such as Mocha, SpeedGrade, Audition etc.
Andrew was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and provided info over and above what was required. Really enjoyed the three days, thank you.Pam Wortley, 26 October 2016
I found it very enjoyable and useful. I would recommend to all staff at my company.Adam Sas, 24 August 2016
Great course, great tutor - another amazing experience at NTI!Attendee review, 24 August 2016