Event DetailsWednesday 25th September 2019
09:30 – 17:00
Cloth Hall Court, City Campus, Leeds Beckett University
Sarah was brilliant - best training in a long time, just what i needed, thanks!Attendee review, 22 March 2019
Social media is no longer brand new for businesses and many businesses have now adopted social media as part of their marketing activity. However, even if you’ve been using social media for some time in your business or your role, the pace of change and the amount of information available can often feel overwhelming.
During this course you’ll learn how to improve your current use of social media so that you can get better results and be more productive with your time.
This is an intermediate course designed for people who are already using social media in their role or business but would like to understand some of the more advanced features of each platform such as analytics and advertising. This course is also suitable for people who have completed the NTI Introduction to Social Media.
Completed the NTI Introduction to Social Media/have used social media for at least one year.
(The price is inclusive and as an education provider we do not charge VAT.)
**** Please note our courses close 7 days prior to the start date ****
We offer a 10% discount to Leeds and Bradford Chamber of Commerce members. To claim your discount please call 0113 812 1725 and quote your Chamber membership number.
To keep you posted we will post upcoming additional dates for this course here. If you would like to enquire about future dates, please feel free to contact us.
We can design our courses to meet your specific business objectives, developing a tailored plan to deliver the results you're looking for.
- Group introductions and session overview.
- Group discussion about the benefits of social media and how to take advantage of them.
- Groups discussion about the challenges/risks of social media and how to overcome them.
- Current social media trends and how they apply to your business. Including ‘instant messaging’, ‘live streaming’. ‘influencer marketing’ and ‘stories’.
- Content calendar creation including ‘quantity of posts’, ‘best day and time to post’, ‘developing content themes’, ‘adding world events, charity awareness days, seasonal holidays, etc to your calendar’.
- How to use scheduling tools and which is the best one for you.
- Learn the difference between ‘organic reach’, ‘paid reach’, impressions’, ‘engagements’ and ‘clicks’.
- Decide what you need to measure based on your company goals.
- Create your own ‘social media report template’.
- Twitter analytics and Facebook insights live demonstration.
- Learn about the difference between search advertising like Google Adwords and social media advertising.
- Learn the foundations of a great social media advert.
- Learn about custom audiences and Facebook pixel.
- Live Facebook advert demonstration.
- Q&A - This is your chance to ask any question you have about any social media platform.
What will I learn?
- Learn the latest trends and developments in social media marketing and how they apply to your business.
- Learn how to create a one year content calendar then how and where to source content to add to the calendar.
- Learn how to measure your social media success using digital analytics on each social media platform.
- Learn how to create and run an effective social media advertising campaign.
Attending the course
We are open from 09:00.
Refreshments will be available and lunch will be provided.
All the materials you will need will be provided.
We’re based in the centre of Leeds at Cloth Hall Court, and we have cutting-edge facilities including the Development Studio for desktop, web and mobile platforms. The studio draws on academics with extensive high-level industrial experience in advanced programming techniques and world-class creative digital content essential to success in the creative digital industries.
Trainers & Reviews
Sarah is a sought after social media strategist and trainer, with over seven years’ commercial experience in media and marketing.
She has spent the last five years running her own social media training and consultancy business, working with an eclectic mix of clients; from SMEs, to entrepreneurs, digital agencies and HE institutions.
Her academic accolades include a first-class degree in Media Studies and a Masters in International Communication, in addition to working as an associate lecturer in social media at Leeds Beckett University and the University of Leeds for the past two years. Dedicated to excellence in digital media, Sarah’s mission is to help business owners address their biggest marketing challenges – using social media to reach their audiences and tell their story in this digital world. With a calm yet engaging style; Sarah’s courses are tailored to her audience, and packed with real-life examples, free resources, ‘hacks’ and best practice – to help you save time, make your life easier, and your digital marketing more effective.
The tutor was extremely engaging throughout the whole course.Attendee review, 22 March 2019
Really useful and informative and definitely got things to feed back to the company. Sarah was really engaging!Attendee review, 28 February 2019
I really enjoyed the course and found it helpful. Sarah was brilliant at teaching all the different subjects!Attendee review, 22 January 2019
Sarah is fantastic, very friendly and encouraging!Attendee review, 14 December 2018
The tutor was fab! So friendly and fun! She helped me a lot and kept everything interesting!Attendee review, 14 December 2018
Sarah was fabulous, really easy to follow and a good level of work, not too simple and not too complicated.Attendee review, 27 November 2018
Very interesting and useful. Very engaging and a great group.Attendee review, 27 November 2018
Sarah was absolutely fantastic. I have come away with far more knowledge than expected - and this is testament to her excellent teaching and advice. Thank you."Attendee review, 27 September 2018
Overall the course was delivered well, it was informative and a good experience all round.Attendee review, 23 May 2018