To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Payroll Information

Payroll provides a professional service in compliance with Inland Revenue guidelines and employment legislation and guidance.

This page contains key Payroll-related information.

Call-Out/On-Call Claim Form: For use by Estates and designated Services only.

External Claim Form: To be used for External Examiners, External Panel Members, Miscellaneous and Visiting Lecturers.

Job Shop Timesheet: This form is for people employed by the Job Shop for their weekly hours worked in their specific role.

Overtime Claim Form: For use by support staff only. Academic staff should not use this form to claim additional hours. HR Operations should be notified of any additional hours worked by full-time or associate/fractional academic staff.

Service Agreement: To be completed by external people or companies that are working in roles for the University but are claiming payment via invoice.

Further Payroll-related information, including guidance on additional payments, is included under Pay and Reward.

At what age do I stop paying National Insurance contributions?

Currently, the state pension age is 65 for men. For women born on or before 5 April 1950, the state pension age is 60. The state pension age for women born between 6 April 1950 and 5 April 1955 will increase gradually to 65 between 2011 and 2020. From 6 April 2020, the state pension age will be 65 for both men and women.

Before we can stop deducting employee NICs, we must have proof of your age. This proof can be a birth certificate, passport or, preferably, a certificate of exemption (form CA4140 pr CF384). These forms can be requested from the Inland Revenue, National Insurance Contributions Office, Benton Park View, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE98 1ZZ, Telephone: 0845 302 1479. Their office is open Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 17:00.

How can I obtain a replacement P60 or payslip?

You can print a replacement P60 or payslip via Employee Self-Service.

How do I change my bank details?
To change your bank details, you can either email your Payroll contact or complete and return the Bank Details Change form to Payroll, Leighton Hall, Room G01.
When do I get paid?

Academic staff and colleagues on Grade 10 and above are paid on the 26th of each month. Support staff are paid on the 16th of each month. Payments are for the current pay period, e.g. the August pay day relates to the pay period of 1-31 August.

Back to Top Button