Do you manage others? If so, you're in the right place. This webpage signposts a range of information that we hope will provide you with a valuable resource, whether you are a new or existing manager here at Leeds Beckett University.
If you’re new to recruitment and induction at Leeds Beckett, you will need to access the relevant Recruitment and Selection training. Please contact the HR Services Team for further information.
The following information will help to get you started and will signpost how we attract, recruit and welcome great people to Leeds Beckett.
We want to challenge you with interesting development opportunities that will equip you to develop yourself and others. Check out the following webpages for more details.
The sessions listed within the 'Development for you' link above and titled 'Management Matters:' are typically accessed by colleagues new to management at Leeds Beckett, but are also available to experienced managers seeking to refresh their people management knowledge and skills.
People Development Online is our University’s online training system.
In addition to the essential modules that all colleagues are automatically enrolled on, we have several online modules available to support you with processes you may be involved with as a manager.
These Management Matters Online modules include Managing Stress, Finance, Disciplinary and Grievance. All the modules can be accessed at any time via the system's Training Library and completed at your own pace.
A range of Wellbeing and Equality & Inclusion online modules have recently been added to the system's Training Library for you to self-enrol on, including Supporting Others with their Wellbeing, Leading Others in Times of Change, Inclusive Leadership and Micro Behaviours.
Research tells us that colleagues who are healthy and happy are more engaged. Click on the links below to find out how we can help you and your team to stay well and to thrive.
- Wellbeing for you
- Wellbeing for your team
- Wellbeing Offer - a document that brings together the wellbeing-focussed webinars, online modules and resources we have available.
- Let's talk mental health- Spotting the signs when something's wrong
- Wellbeing Conversations- A guide for managers
Find out more about all the different requests that may come your way!
- Access all of our leave and absence guidance and information
- How do I authorise annual leave?
- What is (and isn’t!) Special Leave? Read our policy together with our guidelines and examples.
Find out about both the process of Performance & Development Reviews (PDRs), as well as great questions to ask to get the best from your team and have great conversations.
- Check out all of our PDR information and resources
- Access our Performance Management Toolkit for guidance on a range of performance activities.
- Improving Performance - Download and access our Managing Performance e-learning module, which will help you to navigate performance improvement conversations with confidence, focusing on positive outcomes for all.
Here's some support for starting conversations in your team about how flexible working might work going forwards.
- Access the Flexible working principles and guidance on the HR A-Z webpage
- Watch the 'Let's talk flexible working' panel discussion recording
- Download the panel discussion Q&A
- Thinking about Flexible working- All colleague webinar
Find the right balance when supporting colleagues to stay in, or return to work.
- Access our Essential Guide to managing sickness absence
- Download and access our Managing Sickness Absence online module
- How do I record sickness absence?
- Access our 'Impact of Covid-19: HR Guidance for Managers' document for Covid-19 related absence guidance
- Health Assured-Manager referral form and process
“How” we do our work and interact with one another is as important as “what” our work is.Human Resources