Gender Equality Group
Our Gender Forum welcomes all staff and students who have an interest in promoting gender equality at Leeds Beckett.
Most recently we have worked with outside agencies to raise awareness of violence against women in the Leeds area and over the coming year will be looking at trans issues and men’s health.
How can I join?
- International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation (UN) - Tuesday 6 February 2018. Find out more information about this event here:http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/un/zero-tolerance-day-female-genital-mutilation
- Women's History Month - 1-31 March 2018
- International Women's Day (UN) - Thursday 8 March 2018. Find out more information about this event here: http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/un/international-womens-day
- Received information on the equal pay audit
- Commented upon various gender initiatives such as the extension of research mentoring to all faculties across our university
The purpose of the Forum is:
- To provide a safe, confidential and supportive environment in which to discuss issues relating to Gender and Gender Identity;
- To provide support and networking and share best practice across all equality strands;
- To assist in the monitoring and reporting on compliance with equality and diversity legislation and good practice;
- To contribute to the development of policies directly relating to equality and diversity, and those which indirectly affect equality and diversity issues through the equality impact assessment process.