Gender Equality Forum
Our Gender Forum welcomes all colleagues and students who have an interest in promoting gender equality at Leeds Beckett.
Most recently we have worked with outside agencies to raise awareness of violence against women in the Leeds area and over the coming year will be looking at trans issues and men’s health.
How can I join?
- Women's History Month - 1-31 March 2020
- International Women's Day (UN) - Sunday 8 March 2020. Find out more information about this event here: http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/un/international-womens-day
- Received information on the equal pay audit
- Commented upon various gender initiatives such as the extension of research mentoring to all faculties across our university
The purpose of the Forum is:
- To provide a safe, confidential and supportive environment in which to discuss issues relating to Gender and Gender Identity;
- To provide support and networking and share best practice across all equality strands;
- To assist in the monitoring and reporting on compliance with equality and diversity legislation and good practice;
- To contribute to the development of policies directly relating to equality and diversity, and those which indirectly affect equality and diversity issues through the equality impact assessment process.
Dr Bronwen Edwards
Bronwen is Senior Lecture in the School of the Built Environment and Engineering. She is a cultural and historical geographer, and her research in concerned with the design, experience and navigation of urban space, particularly from a feminist perspective. She leads a research group: Women and the Built Environment and facilitates writing retreats.
Tara is an Occupational Therapist and has been working as a wellbeing practitioner since January 2018 in the Student Wellbeing Team.
- Wednesday 19 February 2020, 12:00-13:00 @ City Campus, Portland building, Room 216
- Wednesday 03 June 2020 12:00-13:00 @ Headingley Campus, Macaulay 201