Research at Leeds Beckett
Construction Sector Network (CSN)
Working across the construction industry, our network acts as a central hub for industry knowledge and sharing best practice.
Our collaborative services provide an umbrella network that links a diverse range of communities within the region. Partners include BRE, BEIN, CCI, and Construction Leeds.
Our central themes are:
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Our work evaluates the cost of procurement to develop business strategies. We investigate:
- How contracts can drive innovation
- Strength links between contract management to develop zero carbon and landfill
- Adding value to employment and skills planning within the procurement process
The Construction Target initiative supports those who want to improve their procurement expertise, and improve their own ability to respond effectively to tender opportunities.
Through new products, approaches, and technologies, we explore new ways of bringing improvements and efficiency to the areas of:
- Offsite construction
- New application technology
- Production processes and materials
We support both clients and delivery teams to design, deliver and use buildings that reduce the carbon footprint.
We endeavour to improve:
- Thermal efficiency
- Renewable energy solutions
- Manufacturing and logistics
- Waste management through segregation and recycling
- Design and manufacturing
Working in partnership with Green Vision, we are running a series of conferences and seminars that are available to attend.
Employment and Skills
We recognise that training is essential to ensure a sustainable construction sector. CSN aims to meet the industry skills shortage through:
- Developing a shared skills pool
- Access to training
- Employment and skills plans
We explore ways to connect construction project investment with local and regional economic growth.
We do this by:
- Improving commercial opportunities
- Connecting SMEs with larger commercial opportunities
- Stimulating investment in markets and technologies
Apply to become part of the Construction Best Practice Club to benefit from regional events, workshops, networks, and business support today.