Facebook tracking pixel [Skip to content]
To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

The Research Degree Sub Committee is authorised by the University Research and Enterprise Committee, to act on and approve any changes to your programme of study and student record. The Research Degree Sub Committee is the only committee in the University that can make decisions on research students.

Chaired by Professor Andrew Slade, Deputy Vice Chancellor, Research and Enterprise, the membership of the Research Degree Sub Committee is made up of at least two senior academic colleagues from each school.

During your programme of study, you may find it necessary due to changes in your circumstances to make a request to the Research Degree Sub Committee for one of the following:

 Suspension
 Extensions
 Changes to the mode of study
 Changes to the Title
 Change to a supervisory team 
 Application to Writing up 

If you wish to make a request to the Research Degree Sub Committee you must discuss the reasons with your supervisory team and then complete and sign the appropriate form (see Document and Forms). Please remember that the Research Degree Sub Committee members will not know you personally so you must supply as much information as possible for them to be able to make the right judgement and subsequent decision. 

For any changes to your student record, such as suspension of registration or a change from full-time to part-time study, a form must be completed to make a request to the Committee. The form can be found in the section titled Requests to the Committee.

The form should be fully completed and contain a full explanation of the reasons for the request.

If you need guidance please speak to the Graduate School on 0113 8123585 or email resdegreecomrequest@leedsbeckett.ac.uk.

Back to Top Button
Back to Top Button