The Retail Institute applies a range of academic methodologies using its multidisciplinary expertise to drive innovation, provide consumer insights and enhance new product development processes to support retail supply chain strategies.
The case studies on this page will provide you with examples of our applied research work. The academic methods utilised for each project varied, however consumer research, product development and market analysis lie at the heart of The Institute’s work.
The areas of our work include:
- Consumer Product Acceptance & Shopper Behaviour
- Informing Strategies for Multi-channel Approach
- Product Innovation & New Product Development (experimental techniques)
- Market Opportunity Identification
- Technology Identification / Supplier Scouting
- Sensory Branding and Marketing
- Development of Commercialisation Strategy
The guys at The Retail Institute are a unique bunch in that they provide a new language for designing packaging for the future. Their multi-disciplinary approach, their enthusiasm, coupled with their strong science base allows them to translate fuzzy future trends into a powerful and clear design requirements for leaders in design to delve into. All round, an excellent package!Brian Crombie - Sun Chemical