Short Courses and CPD
How to apply
To apply for one of our Clinical Skills CPD courses please download and fill in the relevant application form below. Some of our clinical skills courses may benefit from SSPRD funded places, you should check the CPD portfolio to see which of these courses qualify.
Health Education England changed the way SSPRD funding is now accessed, this now means that you will need to secure signatures and support from your immediate line manager or designated supervisor and the nominated SSPRD Lead for your Trust area or CCG before submitting your application to the University. Please see the key points when applying for SSPRD funding below:
- You MUST have page 1 countersigned by your manager/supervisor
- You MUST have page 2 countersigned by your nominated SSPRD lead
- ALL sections on page 2 MUST be completed for a place to be offered and funding applied
- We can ONLY accept funding applications for service providers within the West Yorkshire & Harrogate District. If you fall outside of this area you or your practice will have to pay the course fee.
- For all GP surgeries and practices within West Yorkshire & Harrogate you will need to send your application forms to email@example.com to be signed.
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any further queries.
*Please note that ALL applications must be submitted by email, as University staff are currently working remotely. Postal applications will not be received.
- Clinical Skills CPD Funded - SSPRD_funding_application_form_201920 (Word)
- Clinical Skills CPD Funded - SSPRD_funding_application_form_201920 (Pdf)
- Clinical Skills CPD Employer/Sponsor/Self-funding - ESSF_payment_form_201920 (Word)
- Clinical Skills CPD Employer/Sponsor/Self-funding - ESSF_payment_form_201920 (Pdf)
How to pay
Self or employer funded
If you, your employer or another sponsor are paying for the course there are two payment methods to choose:
- INVOICE - Once you have attended the course and signed a class list on the day an invoice will be generated shortly after to the named recipient on the application form.
- CHEQUE - You can send a cheque made payable to Leeds Beckett University along with your completed Employer/Sponsor/Self-Funder Application Form (ESSF) to the address provided.
Health Education England - Specialist Skills and Post Registration Development Funding.
If your chosen course qualifies for funding you may be eligible for a funded place provided by Health Education England across Yorkshire and Humber, if you:
- are employed by an organisation providing NHS commissioned services,
- are employed by an organisation within the HEE region
- meet the entry criteria of the programme and have signed support from your employing organisation and the relevant nominated SSPRD Lead.
Our application form asks for the required information in order to check your eligibility for funding (see points above), Failure to complete the form fully and or obtain the necessary signatories may result in a delay to your booking and / or being asked to pay for the course yourself.
Please note that funding is only available for certain courses.
If you are a GP, you will not be eligible for this funding so please follow instructions for payment above. For more information, contact Health Education Yorkshire and Humber: email@example.com.
If you are unsure about who will finance your studies, have any queries or would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.