Coaching & Development
Since 1 January 2014 ALL our courses include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training in line with British Heart Foundation Recommendations
This qualification covers the same syllabus as the Emergency First Aid at Work, which is an accredited qualification, but with additional sporting conditions.
Cost £95, However we can offer preferential rates for returning customers or block bookings, please call 0113 8127437 for details.
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
This course will give you all the necessary first aid skills to deal with a whole range of sporting injuries On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of a first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who has asthma or is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who has chest pains;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from the extremes of heat or cold;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding, including head injuries;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for bone, muscle and joint injuries; sprains and strains; and burns and scalds
- Provide appropriate SCIM ( spinal cord injury management ) training
You must, in order to gain a certificate:
- attend all course hours
- An Emergency First Aid at Work (With Sport & AED) certificate, which is valid for three years, will be awarded to all successful candidates.
- 1 day
- Leeds Beckett University, Precise venue details to be confirmed in your Joining Instructions
12 August 2019
Self employed candidate
"Really useful and relevant with strong levels of participation and practical exercises"
23 October 2019
Abbey Grange High School staff member
"A really informative course. An excellent learning environment with friendly, knowledgeable staff / trainers"