Coaching & Development
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification with AED, PXB and Emergency First Aid at Work
Overview - Older people the solution to the Uk's lifeguard shortage - see news article
A course not just for the young. The internationally recognised Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS UK) National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is not only a qualification that will train you to become a Pool Lifeguard but can also be a stepping stone into a career within the leisure industry. In order to perform lifeguard duties, candidates must be physically fit, have a good vision and hearing, be mentally alert and self disciplined. This course will be delivered using a variety of methods including :
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Flip Chart Exercises
- Guided Group Discussions
- Guided Group Activities
- Practical Demonstrations and Training
IMPORTANT:PLEASE READ ALL COURSE DETAILS BEFORE APPLYING
FULL COURSE RENEWAL TRAINING HOURS (PER 2 HOUR session)
External Candidates £245.00 TBC TBC
Leeds Beckett Students £230 TBC TBC
Course Two- Full Course
|Monday||6 January 2020||09:00 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||7 January 2020||09:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||8 January 2020||09:00 - 18:00|
|Thursday||9 January 2020||09:00 - 18:00|
|Friday||10 January 2020||09:00 - 18:00|
|Sunday||12 January 2020||13:00 - 18:00|
RENEWAL / ASSESSMENT DATES 21 March 2020 / 20 June 2020
You must be 16+ years of age on the date of assessment and demonstrate that you are:
- Able to jump/dive into deep water
- Able to swim 50 metres in under 60 seconds
- Able to swim 100 metres continuously on front and back
- Able to tread deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- Able to surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Able to climb out of a pool unaided without the using a ladder/ steps where the pool design permits
The NPLQ covers all elements of Pool Rescue Techniques, Lifeguarding Theory, First Aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool. Training and assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
Section 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool Supervision
Element 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law
Element 2 – Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
Element 3 – Swimming Pool Supervision
Section 2 – Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
Element 1 – Intervention and Rescue
Element 2 – Rescue of a Casualty with a Suspected Spinal Injury
Element 3 – Emergency Action Plan
Section 3 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid
Element 1 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Element 2 – First Aid
Element 3 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Training on AED can now be included in the NPLQ qualification. The training is designed to train individuals in both theoretical and practical aspects of First Aid when needing to use a defibrillator.
In order to gain an NPLQ certificate which is valid for 2 years, you must:
- Attend all course hours and successfully complete both the theory and practical assessments
- 42 hours
- Carnegie Sports Centre, Headingley Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QQ
NPLQ 7 Sept
"Best course I have ever done. Great to learn and lots of fun"
"Amazing. Thanks Jane for being so supportive"
"Jane was fantastic! So lovely and helpful - great week"
"Jane was amazing"
"Really enjoyed the whole week, been a great experience"
"Tutor was amazing, so helpful & kind. I have already asked friends to do it"
"Jane was the nicest lady I've met a credit to the organisation"