The Junior Athletics Academy is now back.
Term dates for the junior programme 2018/2019
- Term 1- 29th September – 15th December
- No session due to half term on the 3rd Nov
- Term 2- 26th January- Saturday 30th March
- No session due to half term on the 23rd Feb
- Term 3- 27th April- Saturday 22nd June
- No session due to half term on the 1st June
Our Junior Athletics Academy runs on Saturdays during term time at our Headingley Campus. The session is open to Juniors between the ages of 8-16 years and is available for all abilities. Athletes will be provided with a quality coaching programme allowing them to develop their own individual skills, through different drills and disciplines.
A typical session will consist of 1-2 different technical athletic disciplines, such as:
- High Jump
- Long Jump
- Triple jump
- Shot put
All the activities that the Juniors take part in have key transferable skills for their development.
Times and Costs
- 12:00 - 13:00 for 8-10 year old
Cost per session: £3.00
- 13:00 - 14:30 for 11 years and above
Cost per session: £4.50
The Junior Athletics Academy is currently a drop in session, so no need to pre-book. If you would like to attend then we meet for registration in the Sport and Active Lifestyles reception area. Post code is LS6 3QQ
If you require further information then please contact the Sports Development Officer, Kirsty McPhee, on firstname.lastname@example.org.