Term Dates for 2017/18
- Term 1- 30th September- 16th December- Please note there will be no sessions on the 23rd-29th October due to half term.
- Term 2- 23rd January- 24th March 2018
- Term 3- 17th April- 30th June 2018- Please note there will be no sessions on the 28th May- 3rd June due to half term.
Leeds Beckett University is proud to host the Carnegie Junior Squash Academy, offering squash lessons to juniors aged 8 - 16 years of all standards. The programme provides all players with a high quality coaching programme, allowing them to develop their own individual skills, in a fun and safe environment.
A typical session includes technique and tactics of the modern junior game, incorporating fitness and plenty of fun. The players learn the most important pillars to the squash game at the level they are playing as well as working through the rules of the game and how to play.
Sessions run every Saturday during term time, in the Squash Courts at Headingley Campus.
Times and cost
- Intermediate session
This session is aimed at players who have a basic understanding of the games, including serving and returning and can plan a friendly match.
Time: Saturdays, 10:30-12:00
Cost: £4.50 per session
- Beginners session
This is an open session where players new to the game are welcome to drop in. During this session basic shots and rules will be developed.
Time: Saturdays, 12:00-13:00
Cost: £3.00 per session
- Intermediate/Advanced After School sessions
Time: Tuesdays, 16:15-17:15
Cost: £3.00 per session
If you would like to attend the Carnegie Junior Squash Academy please complete the attached enrolment form and return it to us.
For more information on Squash programmes please contact the Racket Sports Development officer Kirsty McPhee on email@example.com.
Meet the coaches
- Lead Coach of the programme- Kirsty Mcphee
- Kirsty is a UKCC qualified level 3 squash coach and also tutors other coaches to a level 2 qualification.
- She is also part of the Aspire coaching team with England Squash and currently assists on the North East Squads.
- Prior to her role at Leeds Beckett, Kirsty was also a part of the national junior coaching set up, assisting on squads and attending major competitions as Team England assist coach.
- Since being in post Kirsty works with the squash teams at the university
- In 2014 went to the world student games in Chennai as the team GB coach and team manager.