Futsal is an exciting, fast-paced, indoor small sided football game that is widely played across the world and is officially recognised by both UEFA and FIFA, with roots from South America. The surface, ball and rules create an emphasis on improvisation, creativity and technique as well as ball control and passing in small spaces which helps to improve the technical and tactical aspects of a player’s game.
Leeds Beckett Futsal Club boasts three men's teams. The club have had a very successful record playing in the British Universities and Colleges Sports (BUCS) leagues and have featured in the top tier competitions since their inception 15 years ago and has been crowned BUCS Trophy Champions on three separate occasions.
The club trains weekly and has teams in the BUCS Northern Premier and Northern 2A leagues.
Futsal is a new and exciting sport and is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Our club offers top quality coaching from our FA UEFA B Futsal; FA Youth Award and FA Futsal Tutor Ivan Solvas as well as more Level 1 Futsal coaches.
In the 2017-18 season:
- Our first team finished second in the BUCS Northern Premier league and were quarter finalists in the BUCS Championship Cup
- Our second team finished the season unbeaten and were cronwed BUCS Northern 3A champions, earning promotion to the Northern 2A league
- We were voted the Most Improved Club of the Year at the Leeds Beckett Sports Awards
We will be increasing our number of teams to include three men's teams which will allow a lot more people to get involved with Futsal at Leeds Beckett University.
Contact the club on one of their social media platforms in order to access the below trials.
Thursday 26th September - 5-8pm - Blue Hall (Headingley Campus)
Friday 27th September - 5.30pm-7pm - Green Hall (Headingley Campus)
Saturday 28th September - 2.30-4.30pm - Green Hall (Headingley Campus)
Sunday 29th September - 11am-1pm - Green Hall (Headingley Campus)
Tuesday 1st October - 6-7.30pm - Green Hall (Headingley Campus)
Thursday 3rd October - 6.30-8pm - Blue Hall (Headingley Campus)
Friday 4th October - 5.30-7pm - Green Hall (Headingley Campus)
Sunday 6th October - 3.30-5.30pm - Blue Hall (Headingley Campus)
To be a member of the club you will need to bring the following to train and play:
Equipment you need to bring
- Futsal/Indoor Trainers
- Training Clothes
Equipment we will supply you with
- Match day Kits
- Training equipment - balls, bibs, cones etc.
- Last season our 1st team finished 2nd in the BUCS Premier North League and reached the quarter-final stage in the BUCS Championship Cup
- Our 1st team also competed in the FA Futsal Cup and made it through to the 2nd round of the competition
- Our 2nd Team topped the BUCS Northern 3A league table
- We received the Most Improved Club of the Year Award at the 2018 Leeds Beckett Sports Awards
- Our head coach Ivan Solvas received the Unsung Hero Award at the 2018 Leeds Beckett Sports Awards
- 4 members of our 17-18 squad also played for York City Futsal in the FA Futsal Super League
Ivan Solvas - Head Coach
Proud Catalonian Ivan Solvas has a wealth of experience when it comes to futsal.
A UEFA B futsal qualified coach - Ivan has coached across age groups in his home City of Barcelona and is a pure futsal fanatic with extensive technical and tactical knowledge.
Ivan has had an exemplary history at Beckett developing strong groups of players through comprehensive training programmes and coaching which has been a staple of the club's success in recent years.
Ivan's dedication to futsal and his hard-work saw him awarded with the John 'Tats' Harkin Unsung Hero Award at the 2017-18 Leeds Beckett Sports Awards for his hardwork and dedication to the club.