About Anja Connor-Crabb
Anja is a lecturer in fashion design and has previously taught at the London College of Fashion, the University of Brighton and Buckingham New University. She has previously worked as a designer for Puma, Bench and The Fableists as well as running her own sustainable fashion company in Indonesia.
Anja is a Senior Lecturer on BA Fashion and teaches design related modules.
For her practice-led PhD Dr Connor-Crabb presented papers and exhibited work at international conferences and events. She has published in the peer-reviewed journal Fashion Practice and contributed to Kate Fletcher's 'Craft of Use' (2016) as well as 'Opening Up the Wardrobe: A Methods Book' by Fletcher and Klepp (TBC). Anja's research interests lie in exploring sustainable fashion practices for both the wearers and makers of fashion, with a focus on garment life extension.
Journal articles (2)
Conference contributions (3)
- Connor-Crabb AC (2015) 'Thinking outside of the box: Design toolkits and their relevance in fashion and sustainability' Konstfack - Univeristy College of Arts, Crafts and Design. Stockholm, Sweden 07/06/2015.
- Connor-Crabb AC (2014) Fashion Design for Longevity University College Ghent, Belgium 20/11/2014.
- Connor-Crabb AC (2014) The eternal reoccurrence of the new - Design for Longevity University of Southern Denmark, Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, University of Copenhagen / Designmuseum Danmark, Kolding School of Design 03/10/2014.
- Connor-Crabb AC. Seam Decoder at UAL Showroom, Holborn, London, University of the Arts London, 12/01/2015-29/03/2015http://showtime.arts.ac.uk/AnjaCrabb
- Connor-Crabb AC. Seam Decoder in 'PLATE' at Nottingham Trent University, 01/01/2015-01/01/2015http://shura.shu.ac.uk/15658/2/PLATE_Catalogue.pdf