Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Claire Hannibal
About Dr Claire Hannibal
Claire is the course leader of the BA (Hons) Architecture. She leads a design studio, lectures in architectural history and theory and is a PhD supervisor.
Claire worked in architectural practice and taught at the University of Liverpool before joining our University in 2008. She has taught architectural design at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Claire has published articles and essays on representation in architecture, such as Measurement of Presence in Large Scale Virtual Environments Digital Design (2003) 21st eCAADe Conference Proceedings, and How Useful is the Digital Sketch? (2004) 22nd eCAADe Conference Proceedings. Recent conference papers have addressed architectural education and collaborative practices in design and include The Digital Dilemma: Product versus Process in Architectural Education (with A. Stewart, DRN 2013 / Thinking Through Drawing Conference, Columbia University, 2013).
Journal articles (1)
- Hannibal C; Brown A; Knight M (2005), An Assessment of the Effectiveness of Sketch Representations in Early Stage Digital Design
Conference proceedings (peer reviewed) (6)
- Hannibal C; Stewart A (2013) The Digital Dilemma: Product versus Process in Architectural Education. In: DRN 2013 / Thinking Through Drawing Columbia University October 24/10/2013 00:00:00. : DRN / Tracey, pp. 53-57.
- Stewart A; Hannibal C (2012) Developing an Urban Eco Settlement policy framework for Aire Valley Leeds. In: 1st International Conference for Urban Sustainability and Resilience University College London 05/11/2012 00:00:00. : , pp. .
- Hannibal C (2011) Engaging Students with Assessment: Rejecting the 'Tick Box' Approach for BA1 Architecture Students. In: The Centrality of Art, Design and the Performing Arts to Education, iJADE Conference Chester, UK 06/10/2011 00:00:00. : , pp. .
- Knight M; Dokonal W; Brown A; Hannibal C (2005) Contemporary Digital Techniques in the Early Stages of Design. In: Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures Vienna 20/06/2005 00:00:00. : , pp. 165-175.
- Hannibal C; Brown A; Knight M (2004) How Useful is the Digital Sketch?. In: 22nd eCAADe Conference Copenhagen 15/09/2004 00:00:00. : , pp. 374-379.
- Knight M; Brown A; Hannibal C; Noyelle C; Steer O (2003) Measurement of Presence in Large Scale Virtual Environments. In: 21st eCAADe Conference Graz 17/09/2003 00:00:00. : , pp. 153-160.
- Student awarded Yorkshire and the North East’s Women in Property award
- Two Leeds Beckett students commended for sketches of Leeds landmarks