Research at Leeds Beckett
About Danielle Powell
Danielle joined Leeds Beckett University as a Senior Lecturer in Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy in September 2016. Prior to joining the School of Sport she was in Dublin City University, Ireland, completing her PhD in youth physical activity and working as an assistant lecturer on the PE course.
Danielle is an early years researcher. She completed both her undergraduate in Physical Education and Biology and my PhD, in Dublin City University, Ireland in the School of Health and Human Performance. Her PhD involved the development, implementation and evaluation of a three-year schools-based physical activity intervention called the 'Youth-Physical Activity Towards Health' (Y-PATH) project. In addition she has been involved in other physical activity research projects such as the All Island Project-Sport for Life, the Student Activity and Sports Study Ireland, and the PANAMA project. Danielle is passionate about physical activity promotion in children and adolescents and fundamental movement skill development.
Teaching primarily on the physical education degree programme at undergraduate level. Danielle teaches a range of research methods, pedagogy, sociology and critical issues in physical education/sport.
- Physical activity in children and adolescents
- Fundamental movement skill development
- School based interventions
Journal articles (4)
- Issartel J; McGrane B; Flecther R; O'Brien W; Powell D; Belton S (In press), A cross-validation study of the TGMD-2: the case of an adolescent population. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- Belton S; O'Brien W; Issartel J; McGrane B; Powell D (2016), Where does the time go? Patterns of physical activity in adolescent youth.. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, vol. 19 (11), p. 921-925.
View Repository Record
- McGrane B; Issartel J; Powell D; Belton S (2016), The relationship between fundamental movement skill proficiency and physical self-confidence among adolescents. Journal of Sports Sciences
- McGrane B; Belton S; Powell D; Woods C; Issartel J (2016), Physical self-confidence levels of adolescents: Scale reliability and validity. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport