Dr Jacqueline Campbell
Jackie is the Course Director for the MSc Data Science, BSc (Hons) Computing, Computing for Business and BSc Data Science (starting 2020). Also Masters and Undergraduate Apprentice degrees in Digital & Technology Solutions. Her teaching areas focus around data - databases, data analytics, database security and data science.
Jackie had a varied career in the computing sector before gaining a role at the university, undertaking roles in IT support and testing, then moving into database development, systems analysis and team leading. Later she worked as a database consultant specifically on data warehousing projects.
Her passion for data has driven her teaching areas drawing on interesting stories and case studies to provide context and application to the subject. She is an expert in enquiry based learning which involves presenting 'the problem' to the students to explore, research and find solutions for. In this way the students are able to own their learning and the pace at which they work whilst investigating real issues. As a senior teacher fellow she uses technology and team-teaching techniques extensively.
- Master Data Science
- BSc Computing
- BSc Computing for Business
- BSc Business Information Technology
Jackie is undertaking a Phd investigating employment for computing students. Her research focuses around data bias, data interpretation, ethics and data governance and teaching in these areas.
Conference proceedings (5)
- Campbell J (2011) Inquiry based learning case studies for computing and Computing Forensic students. In: . : , pp. 230-234.
- Campbell J; Gorra A (2009) Using formative e-assessment to support students' self-awareness of their abilities. In: . : , pp. 79-82.
- (2007) Message from the TLAD'07 Workshop Chair. In: 24th British National Conference on Databases (BNCOD'07) 03/07/2007 00:00:00. : IEEE, pp. .
- Gorra A; Lazarevski S; Campbell J (2007) An Account of the Use of Integrated Assessment for Students in the Area of Databases at Level 2. In: 24th British National Conference on Databases (BNCOD'07) 03/07/2007 00:00:00. : IEEE, pp. .
- Gorra A; Lazarevski S; Campbell J (2007) An account of the use of synoptic assessment for students in the area of databases at level 2. In: the 12th annual SIGCSE conference 25/06/2007 00:00:00. : ACM Press, pp. .