Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Miju Choi
About Dr Miju Choi
Dr. Miju Choi is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Events, Tourism and Hospitality Management of Leeds Beckett University, UK. Before joining Leeds Beckett University, Dr. Choi worked for three and a half years at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong as a Lecturer in School of Hotel and Tourism Management.
Dr. Miju Choi earned her doctoral degree (Doctor of Philosophy in Tourism Management) from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong and completed her master degree (Master of Science in Tourism Management) at University of Surrey, UK.
Dr. Choi has authored/co-authored a number of research articles in first-tier academic journals, including Tourism Management and Journal of Travel Research. Dr Choi was nominated as an outstanding early career researcher and received the Rising Researcher Award at the 2016 TOSOK: The 80th International Tourism Conference.
Dr Choi also received the Best Paper Award at WHTER & ICES 2015 (World Conference on Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Research & International Convention and Expo Summit). During her doctoral study, Dr Choi received the Best Paper Award at Global 2014 & 11th ATF (Global Tourism & Hospitality Conference and 11th Asia Tourism Forum), which was jointly organised by the School of Hotel and Tourism Management of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Taylor & Francis Group.
Dr. Choi teaches a broad spectrum of subjects but specialises in tourism marketing strategy and responsible hospitality businesses, and strategic management.
Dr. Choi's primary research interests include shopping tourism, destination marketing, and information technology in tourism and hospitality.
Journal articles (7)
- Lee JS; Choi M (2019), Examining the Asymmetric Effect of Multi-shopping Tourism Attributes on Overall Shopping Destination Satisfaction. Journal of Travel Research
View Repository Record
- Heo C; Blal I; Choi M (2018), What is happening in Paris? Airbnb, hotels, and the Parisian market: A case study. Tourism Management, vol. 70
- Choi M; Lee J; Seo A (2018), Shopping destination competitiveness: scale development and validation. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, vol. 35 (8)
- Choi M; Law R; Heo C (2017), An investigation of the perceived value of shopping tourism. Journal of Travel Research, vol. 57 (7), p. 962-980.
- Choi M; Law R; Heo C (2016), Shopping destinations and trust-tourist attitudes: Scale development and validation.. Tourism Management, vol. 54
- Choi M; Heo CY; Law R (2015), Developing a typology of Chinese shopping tourists: An application of the Schwartz' model of universal human values.. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, vol. 33 (2)
- Choi M; Heo C; Law R (2015), Progress in shopping tourism. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, vol. 33