Dr Mohammad Radfar
AboutMohammad joint the Leeds School of Planning in October 2018 from the university of Dundee where he was the programme Director for MA Town and Regional Planning. He has wide ranging experience, knowledge and expertise in research, design and development of urban places and public spaces.
Graduating from the University of Newcastle with Master of Landscape Architecture (MLArch) and Northumbria University with a PhD in urban design and placemaking (Scholarship), Mohammad has extensively worked as a Landscape Architect, Urban Designer and Environmental Planner across the UK, include working in multidisciplinary teams on urban and environmental projects in the public and private sector including Gateshead City Council, Birmingham City Council, Wardell Armstrong LLP and Groundwork Kent & Medway.
Dr Radfar experience includes design and manage projects, detailed design and visualisation, innovative research design and methodology, and developing collaborative teaching and research methods using Design Charrette to involve groups from diverse cultural background and less heard groups in the planning process. Mohammad is an active Scholar and has been involved in scholarship and professional including:
• Peer reviewer for journals including Urban Design International (Springer), Sustainability (MPDI), Urban Design and Planning (ICE), Indoor and the Built Environment.
• Reviewer for book proposal for Routledge.
• Examiner for PhD thesis, University of Dundee (2)
• Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy
• Associate member of PAS (Planning Aid Scotland)
Current TeachingBA (Hons) Human Geography and Planning
MA Town and Regional Planning
BA (Hons) Human Geography
Research student supervision