Research at Leeds Beckett
About Neil Richardson
Neil has over 20 years of experience in Sales Management, Marketing and Customer Service in the B2B sector, covering a wide spectrum of operational and strategic positions.
Neil's teaching areas have included post-graduate modules, e.g. CIM, and modules at masters level. Under-graduate modules on which he has taught include Consumer Behaviour, Sales Management, Retail Marketing and Digital & Interactive Marketing.
- Contemporary Marketing (MBA)
- Digital & Interactive Marketing (H6)
- Marketing Planning Process (CIM Prof Dip)
- Assessing the Marketing Environment (CIM Prof Cert)
- Marketing Planning (H5)
- Marketing in Action (I & II) (H4)
His research has focussed on Sustainable Marketing and he has published a number of articles and key chapters in his best-selling marketing practitioner books. Neil has also undertaken consultancy work for a diverse range of organisations.
Journal articles (3)
- Richardson N (2008), Investigating the Positioning of Retailers on the Sustainability Continuum - A Schumpeterian Perspective
- Richardson N (2008), To What Extent Have Key Retail and Generic Marketing Texts Adopted Sustainability?
- Richardson N; Kenyon AJ; Eilertsen C (2007), Does Fair-Trade represent a marketing opportunity for the UK tourism industry
- Richardson N; Gosnay RM (2010) Develop Your Marketing Skills. London: Kogan Page.
- Richardson N (2010) A Quick Start Guide to Mobile Marketing. London: Kogan Page.
- Richardson N (2009) Critique of Consumer Marketing within Sustainable Events. In: Raj R; Musgrave J Event Management and Sustainability. : Cabi, pp. .
Conference contributions (1)
- Richardson N (2009) Investigating the application of improved pedagogical approaches to a very large marketing module: A Case Study Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK 01/01/0001 00:00:00.