Dr Neil Richardson
About Dr Neil Richardson
Neil has over 20 years of experience in Sales Management, Marketing and Customer Service in the B2B sector, covering a wide spectrum of operational and strategic positions.
Neil's teaching areas have included post-graduate modules, e.g. CIM, and modules at masters level. Under-graduate modules on which he has taught include Consumer Behaviour, Sales Management, Retail Marketing and Digital & Interactive Marketing.
- Contemporary Marketing (MBA)
- Digital & Interactive Marketing (H6)
- Marketing Planning Process (CIM Prof Dip)
- Assessing the Marketing Environment (CIM Prof Cert)
- Marketing Planning (H5)
- Marketing in Action (I & II) (H4)
His research has focussed on Sustainable Marketing and he has published a number of articles and key chapters in his best-selling marketing practitioner books. Neil has also undertaken consultancy work for a diverse range of organisations.
Journal articles (11)
- Richardson N; Cassop Thompson M (2019) A new positioning framework for organizational value: Juxtaposing organizational value positions with customer centricity
View Repository Record
- White A; McKee M; de Sousa B; de Visser R; Hogston R; Madsen SA; Makara P; Richardson N; Zato ski W; Raine G (2014) An examination of the association between premature mortality and life expectancy among men in Europe
View Repository Record
- White A; McKee M; Richardson N; Masden SA; De Sousa B; De Visser R; Hogston R; Makara P; Zatonski W (2011) Europe's men need their own health strategy
View Repository Record
- White A; De Sousa B; De Visser R; Hogston R; Madsen SA; Makara P; McKee M; Raine G; Richardson N; Clarke N (2011) Men's health in Europe
- WHITE A (2011) Gendered epidemiology: Making men's health visible in epidemiological research
- WHITE A; DE SOUSA B; DE VISSER R; HOGSTON R; AAGE MADSEN S; MAKARA P; MCKEE M; RAINE G; RICHARDSON N; CLARKE N (2011) Men's Health in Europe
- SMITH JA; ROBERTSON S; RICHARDSON N (2010) Understanding gender equity in the context of men's health policy development, Letter
- Smith JA; White AK; Richardson N; Robertson S; Ward M (2009) The men's health policy contexts in Australia, the UK and Ireland: Advancement or abandonment?
- Richardson N (2008) Investigating the Positioning of Retailers on the Sustainability Continuum - A Schumpeterian Perspective
- Richardson N (2008) To What Extent Have Key Retail and Generic Marketing Texts Adopted Sustainability?
- Richardson N; Kenyon AJ; Eilertsen C (2007) Does Fair-Trade represent a marketing opportunity for the UK tourism industryhttps://www.circleinternational.co.uk/journals/ijmc/current-past-issues/volume-9-issue-3-4/
- Richardson N; Gosnay R (2010) Develop Your Marketing Skills. London: Kogan Page.http://www.koganpage.com/editions/develop-your-marketing-skills/9780749462246
- Richardson N (2010) A Quick Start Guide to Mobile Marketing. London: Kogan Page.
- Richardson N; Gosnay R; Carroll A (2010) A Quick Start Guide to Social Media Marketing. London: Kogan Page.
- Richardson N; Laville L (2010) Develop Your PR Skills. London: Kogan Page.
Conference contributions (7)
- Richardson N (2009) Cutting the apron strings - at what point does the use of pedagogical teaching impede the transition from pupil to managerial candidate? Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK 07/07/2009.
- Richardson N (2009) Investigating the application of improved pedagogical approaches to a very large marketing module: A Case Study Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK 07/07/2009.
- Richardson N (2009) To investigate Leeds' retail stakeholders' perceptions of a proposed sustainable retail marketing benchmarking framework Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK 07/07/2009.
- Richardson N (2008) Establishing the Sustainability Continuum and investigating retailers' barriers to adoption of sustainability Queen's University Belfast, NI .
- Richardson N (2008) Investigating the Positioning of Retailers on the Sustainability Continuum - A Schumpeterian Perspective Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland 08/07/2008.
- Richardson N (2007) An exploration of the move towards sustainability amongst retail marketing texts- a conceptual paper Brunel University, London, UK .
- Richardson N (2006) Investigating the efficacy of a VSO SME's marketing strategy in relation to achieving revenue growth and funding independence London Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK .
- Richardson N (2006) Emotional Intelligence- A Consultancy Paper . A commissioned consultancy paper investigating the role of EI amongst UK health workers
- Richardson N (2005) An investigation into the efficacy of a UK SME's marketing strategy. A confidential consultancy paper investigating the role of EI amongst UK health workers