Dr Steven Taylor
About Dr Steven Taylor
Steve Taylor teaches mainly on the Psychology and Society course, and is the Module Leader for Consciousness Studies and Positive Psychology. He is a widely published and well known author of books on psychology and self-development.
Steve's background is in Transpersonal Psychology and Positive Psychology. He has published seven books. His book Making Time details his ideas and research on time perception; Out of the Darkness details his research on the transformational after-effects of facing turmoil and trauma. Other books include The Fall, Waking From Sleep and Back to Sanity.
Steve's journal articles have been published in over 40 academic journals, magazines and newspapers, including The Journal of Humanistic Psychology, The Journal of Consciousness Studies and The Journal of Transpersonal Psychology. His work has been featured widely in the media in the UK, including The Daily Mail, The Daily Express, on BBC Breakfast, BBC World TV, Radio 4 and 5, and in The Guardian and The Independent. Steve's website is www.stevenmtaylor.com.
- Psychology and Society
- Consciousness Studies
- Positive Psychology
- Approaches to Psychology
- Criminology and Psychology
- Psychology and Crime
In recent years, Steve's research has focused on the positive after-effects of facing turmoil and trauma. This was published in his book Out of the Darkness, in The Journal of Humanistic Psychology and as a chapter in the academic book The Psychology of Trauma. His research was featured on Radio 4's Womans' Hour, and had a major response, with many people writing in to share similar experiences. His latest book Back to Sanity was excerpted in the Daily Mail and also had attracted many comments from readers.
Journal articles (4)
- Taylor SM (2012) Letting Go of Life: The Well-Being of the Old
- Taylor SM (2012) Spontaneous Awakening Experiences: Exploring the Phenomenon Beyond Religion and Spirituality
- Taylor SM (2009) Beyond the Pre/Trans Fallacy: the Validity of Pre-egoic Experience
- Taylor SM (2005) The Sources of Higher States of Consciousness
- Taylor S (2012) Back to Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds. London: Hay House Pub.
- Taylor S (2011) Out of the Darkness. London: Hay House, Inc.
- Taylor S (2010) Waking from Sleep: Why Awakening Experiences Occur and How to Make them Permanent. London: Hay House.
- Taylor S (2007) Making Time. London: Icon Books.
- Taylor SM (2012) Agony to Ecstasy: The Positive After-Effects of Turmoil and Trauma. In: Van Leeuwen T; Brouwer M Psychology of Trauma. New York: Nova Science Publishers, pp. .
- Taylor SM (2011) The Outsider: From Existentialism to Enlightenment. In: Stanley C Around the outsider: Essays Presented to Colin Wilson on the Occasion of His 80th Birthday. Southampton: O Books, pp. 60-78.
- Can Neuroscience Explain Human Experience?
- The puzzle of near-death experiences
- More than a chemical imbalance - why depression can't be cured by medication alone
- Flying the nest - a new beginning
- How to make this year the longest of your life
- Three simple strategies to enhance your wellbeing during lockdown
- Steve Taylor Launches Exciting Publications