Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr William Sun
About Dr William Sun
Deputy Director of Centre for Governance, Leadership and Global Responsibility
Dr William Sun is Reader in Management and Leader of Corporate Governance and Sustainability Research Group (CGSRG) in Leeds Business School, Leeds Beckett University. He is an internationally recognised expert in corporate governance and CSR.
Dr Sun has published widely on the subjects of corporate governance, CSR, sustainability, company law and transition economics, with over 70 journal papers and more than 30 authored or edited books. He is editor of the well-received book series Critical Studies on Corporate Responsibility, Governance and Sustainability published by Emerald Group Publishing since 2010.
- Course Leader of MSc Corporate Governance
- Module Leader of The Board, the Executive and Good Governance
- ESG risk management project
- Finance and sustainability programme
- Corporate governance: an internal-external conceptual framework
- Corporate governance and leadership
Journal articles (5)
- Sun X; Kirkbride J; Letza S; Smallman C (2008), The boundaries of corporate governance in the post-modern world. Northern Ireland Legal Quarterly, vol. 59 (2), p. 161-175.
- Sun X; Kirkbride J; Letza S; Smallman C (2008), Corporate governance theorising: limits, critics and alternatives. International Journal of Law and Management, vol. 50 (1), p. 17-32.
- Kirkbride J; Letza S; Sun X (2005), Corporate Governance: Towards a Theory of Regulatory Shift. European Journal of Law and Economics, vol. 20
- Letza S; Sun X; Kirkbride J (2004), Shareholding versus stakeholding: A critical review of corporate governance. Corporate Governance, vol. 12 (3), p. 242-262.
- Letza SR; Smallman C; Sun X (2004), Reframing privatisation: Deconstructing the myth of efficiency. Policy Sciences, vol. 37 (2), p. 159-183.
- Sun W; Louche C; Pérez R ed. (2011) Finance and Sustainability: Towards a New Paradigm? A Post-Crisis Agenda. 2. Bingley: Emerald.
- Sun W; Stewart J; Pollard D ed. (2011) Reframing Corporate Social Responsibility: Lessons from the Global Financial Crisis. 1. Bingley: Emerald Publishing.
- Sun W; Stewart J; Pollard D ed. (2011) Corporate Governance and the Global Financial Crisis: International Perspectives. . Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Sun W (2009) How to Govern Corporations So They Serve the Public Good: A Theory of Corporate Governance Emergence. . New York: Edwin Mellen Press.
- Sun W; Bellamy L (2010) Who is responsible for the financial crisis? Lessons from a Seperation Thesis. In: Sun W; Bellamy L Reframing Corporate Social Responsibility: Lessons from the Global Finical Crisis. Bingley: Emerald Group Publishing, pp. .
Conference contributions (4)
- Sun W (2011) The emergence theory of corporate governance: an alternative way of understanding corporate governance processes Aston University, Birmingham 20110913. : .
- Sun, W, Bellamy, L; Whitworth, C (2008) The rationale of corporate responsibility: a critical review Harrogate, England 20080909. : .
- Letza S; Kirkbride J; Sun WX; Smallman C (2007) The process of governance for sustainability University of Leeds, Leeds, UK 20070715. : .
- Smallman C; Sun WX; Letza S (2006) The practice and process of governance Atlanta, Georgia, USA 20060811. : .