Dr William Sun
About Dr William Sun
Dr William Sun is a Reader in Management and Director of Centre for Governance, Leadership and Global Responsibility (CGLGR) at Leeds Business School, Leeds Beckett University. He is an internationally recognised expert in corporate governance, CSR, ethical consumerism and business sustainability.
Dr William Sun has published widely in corporate governance, CSR, ethical consumption, business sustainability, company law and transition economics, with over 70 journal papers and more than 30 authored or edited books. He is Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Global Responsibility, and Editor-in-Chief of the book series Critical Studies on Corporate Responsibility, Governance and Sustainability published by Emerald Group Publishing since 2010.
- Research Methodology for DBA Programme
- The Board, the Executive and Good Governance for MSc Corporate Governance
- Corporate governance and leadership
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Ethical consumption and consumer ethics
Journal articles (5)
- Sun X; Kirkbride J; Letza S; Smallman C (2008) Corporate governance theorising: limits, critics and alternatives
- Sun X; Kirkbride J; Letza S; Smallman C (2008) The boundaries of corporate governance in the post-modern world
- Kirkbride J; Letza S; Sun X (2005) Corporate Governance: Towards a Theory of Regulatory Shift
- Letza S; Sun X; Kirkbride J (2004) Shareholding versus stakeholding: A critical review of corporate governance
- Letza SR; Smallman C; Sun X (2004) Reframing privatisation: Deconstructing the myth of efficiency
- Sun W; Louche C; Pérez R ed. (2011) Finance and Sustainability: Towards a New Paradigm? A Post-Crisis Agenda. 2. Bingley: Emerald.
- Sun W; Stewart J; Pollard D ed. (2011) Reframing Corporate Social Responsibility: Lessons from the Global Financial Crisis. 1. Bingley: Emerald Publishing.
- Sun W; Stewart J; Pollard D ed. (2011) Corporate Governance and the Global Financial Crisis: International Perspectives. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Sun W (2009) How to Govern Corporations So They Serve the Public Good: A Theory of Corporate Governance Emergence. New York: Edwin Mellen Press.
- Sun W; Bellamy L (2010) Who is responsible for the financial crisis? Lessons from a Seperation Thesis. In: Sun W; Stewart J; Pollard D Reframing Corporate Social Responsibility: Lessons from the Global Finical Crisis. Bingley: Emerald Group Publishing, pp. .
Conference contributions (4)
- Sun W (2011) The emergence theory of corporate governance: an alternative way of understanding corporate governance processes Aston University, Birmingham 13/09/2011.
- Sun, W, Bellamy, L; Whitworth, C (2008) The rationale of corporate responsibility: a critical review Harrogate, England 09/09/2008.
- Letza S; Kirkbride J; Sun WX; Smallman C (2007) The process of governance for sustainability University of Leeds, Leeds, UK 15/07/2007.
- Smallman C; Sun WX; Letza S (2006) The practice and process of governance Atlanta, Georgia, USA 11/08/2006.