About Ellie May
Ellie is a Senior Lecturer within the School of Events, Tourism, Hospitality & Languages. She has recently submitted her PhD thesis which explores volunteers' experiences at the London 2012 Paralympic Games which was approved by the International Paralympic Committee.
Ellie's research interests include volunteering, sport event volunteering, mega events and disability sport.
- Professional Event Practice (L4)
- Events in Society (L4)
- Sport Event Organisations (L4)
- Managing the Event Workforce (L5)
- Innovative Fundraising (L6)
- Individual Project (L6)
- Human Resources Management and Volunteering (L7)
- International Strategic HRM - Distance Learning (L7)
Alongside her PhD, Ellie has also contributed to a number of research projects including a project on behalf of Glasgow Centre for Population Health exploring the experiences and impacts of volunteer applicants for the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. Ellie is currently contributing to a research project on behalf of Women in Sport focusing on understanding women volunteering in sport.