Research at Leeds Beckett
About Jenny Prendergast
Jenny previously worked at Manchester Metropolitan University and has published academically and commercially. Her book 'Sewing Techniques: An introduction to construction skills in the design process' was published in 2014 and is intended to demonstrate how construction techniques can be used to inform the design process. She has also contributed to the book 'Materials and Technology for Sportswear and Performance Apparel' with two co-authored chapters 'Garment Fit and Consumer Perception of Sportswear' which addresses both the physiological and psychological factors associated with the fit of sportswear. The second chapter she co-authored is titled 'Eco-considerations for sportswear design' which outlines sustainable and ethical practices adopted by the sportswear industry.
- BA (Hons) Fashion
- Tailoring Principles
- Observation and Interpretation
- Design Realisation
- Portfolio, Marketing and Business
Jenny's research is practice-led, developing and creating innovative pattern and construction techniques using non-traditional processes.
- Prendergast J (2014) Sewing Techniques An Introduction to Construction Skills Within the Design Process. . A&C Black.
- Gill S; Prendergast JS (2015) Garment Fit and Consumer Perception of Sportswear. In: Gill S; Prendergast JS Materials and Technology for Sportswear and Performance Apparel. : , pp. 245-260.
- Prendergast JS; Trencher L (2015) Eco-Considerations for Sportswear Design. In: Prendergast JS; Trencher L Materials and Technology for Sportswear and Performance Apparel. : , pp. 327-342.
Conference proceedings (peer reviewed) (1)
- Prendergast J; Venkatraman PD (2012) A study on the development of sustainable organic clothing for women's wear using natural fibres with specific focus on product serviceability. In: 14th Annual conference of the International Fashion Foundation Institute, (IFFTI) Pearl Academy of Fashion, Jaipur, India 20120317. : , pp. .
View Repository Record