About Kate Bancroft
Kate is a Lecturer at Leeds Beckett University teaching on the BA Hons Childhood Studies course. Kate’s background is in secondary school Physical Education teaching. Across her seven-year career as a teacher she was also a Pastoral Leader, Head of Department, Head of Faculty and an Assistant Headteacher and worked in four different secondary schools across Leeds, Halifax and Bradford. She joined the Carnegie School of Education as a lecturer in September 2017.
- Children, Crime and Social Justice – Level 6
- Gender and Sexuality – Level 6
- An Introduction to Child Psychology – Level 4
- The Academic Self – Level 4
- Children and Young People’s Rights and Entitlements – Level 4
- Development and Childhood – Level 4
Kate is currently undertaking a doctorate in the experiences of school age transgender children as they transition socially and medically. She is looking at how they are using social media as a platform for networking and social support, with a particular focus on online identity and self-disclosure.