Lisa worked for 17 years in Industry before taking on her role at our university. Her experience spans small and large tourism organisations within the tour operating and retail distribution sector where she managed multi-million pound budgets and revenue streams.
As well as leading on this degree, Lisa is also involved in the innovative re-design of the under-graduate degree programme, putting both her status as a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy to excellent use, as well as her interest in critical and action-orientated pedagogies.
Lisa teaches a wide range of management-related subjects at all levels of the course from foundation to final year. She regularly organises student-centred events where her students can meet and network with a wide range of industry partners and was voted Course Director of the Year in 2020.
- Management and the Tourism Workforce
- Strategic Decision Making
- Developing Professional Practice
- Tourism Consultancy Ventures
- International Tourism Management
- International Tourism Management Foundation Year
- International Tourism Management with Marketing
- International Tourism Management with Adventure Tourism
Lisa's experience of the Course Director role is supported by her forthcoming doctoral research about the untested feasibilities for the tourism under-graduate curriculum here at Leeds Beckett University. Her applied approach re-imagines a curriculum space where praxis is encouraged and graduates are empowered to both challenge and tackle the status quos and challenges of the post Covid tourism industry.