Research at Leeds Beckett
About Liz Clark
Liz joined the University in 2005 as a Senior Lecturer in the Nursing team. Prior to working in higher education Liz held a range of senior clinical and educational posts within an acute NHS Trust.
Liz is a qualified nurse and midwife and has experience of working across a number of clinical areas within acute and community care. She also has senior level experience of supporting workforce development through education and training.
As a Principal Lecturer within the School of Health and Community Studies, Liz leads the strategic development of the School's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) portfolio.
Liz teaches into a range of undergraduate and postgraduate provision within nursing and health and social care. Her teaching interests include supporting learners in practice, professional and legal issues and professional learning in practice. Liz also leads the Research in Practice (dissertation) module.
Liz is currently undertaking a Doctorate in Education. Her research is focusing on novice nurse mentors' experiences of supervising and assessing nursing students in practice. The study aims to develop new understanding of novice mentors and their mentorship practice and further inform professional nursing knowledge within the area of practice learning.
Journal articles (8)
- Clark L; Casey D (2016), Support for mentors - An exploration of the issues. British Journal of Nursing, vol. 25 (20), p. 1095-1100.
View Repository Record
- Clark E; Casey D; Morris S (2015), The value of Master's degrees for registered nurses. British Journal of Nursing, vol. 24 (6)
- Fatchett A; Clark L; Taylor D (2014), Putting Healthcare Policy into Practice. Journal of Community Nursing
- Casey D; Clark L (2014), Involving patients in the assessment of nursing students. Nursing Standard
- Clark E; Casey D (2012), A collaborative approach to support trainee sign-off mentors. Nursing Standard, vol. 7 (27), p. 44-46.
- Casey D; Clark L (2012), A collaborative approach to support trainee sign-off mentors. Nursing Standard, vol. 27 (7), p. 44-46.
- CASEY D; CLARK L (2011), Roles and responsibilities of the student nurse mentor: an update. , vol. 20 (15), p. 933-937.
View Repository Record
- CASEY D; CLARK L (2009), Professional development for registered nurses. , vol. 24 (15-17), p. 35-38.