Research at Leeds Beckett
About Matthew Brooke-Peat
Matthew is a Chartered Architectural Technologist (MCIAT), Chartered Builder (MCIOB) and Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv). Since 1994, he has held positions in construction, architectural practice, academia and technical consultancy. During this time, Matthew has designed and managed new-build, refurbishment, restoration, renovation and conversion projects across a wide range of building types. He redeveloped the BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology provision at our University when he was Senior Lecturer and the Course Leader for the degree programme.
He is actively involved with professional institutions at local and national level. Matthew is currently a member of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) Education Board, assessor for the Chartered Architectural Technologist (MCIAT) and Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) professional qualifications, and the CIAT Regional Treasurer for Yorkshire. His previous roles, amongst others, include: CIAT Regional Education Officer for Yorkshire, CIAT UK Green Building Council Representative, member of the CIAT Membership Futures Working Group, member of the CIAT Defining Architectural Technology Practice Focus Group, and member of the CIAT Climate Change Taskforce.
Matthew is a member of the course team for the Building Modelling and Simulation Advanced Professional Diploma and associated continual professional development modules run by the Leeds Sustainability Institute.
Matthew's current research focuses on the thermal performance of building fabric. Specialising in the thermal modelling of construction details, his work assessing the impact of thermal bridges on building fabric performance is contributing towards closing-the-loop in the analysis of measured whole building fabric heat loss.
Journal articles (3)
- Johnston D; Farmer D; Brooke-Peat M; Miles-Shenton D (2014), Bridging the domestic building fabric performance gap. Building Research and Information, vol. 44 (2), p. 147-159.
View Repository Record
- Stafford A; Johnston D; Miles-Shenton D; Farmer D; Brooke-Peat M; Gorse C (2014), Adding Value and Meaning to Coheating Tests. Structural Survey, vol. 32 (4), p. 331-342.
View Repository Record
- Peat M (2009), Promotion of materials and products with sustainable credentials. Architectural Engineering and Design Management, vol. 5 (1-2), p. 46-52.
- Peat M (2013) Applying Research in Practice: Developing a Specialist Service in the Analysis of Thermal Bridging. In: Peat M Architectural Technology. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, pp. .
Conference contributions (1)
- Peat M (2012) Forensic Assessment of Thermal Bridging Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK 20120924. : .
- Gorse CA; Glew D; Johnston D; Fylan F; Miles-Shenton D; Smith M; Brooke-Peat M; Farmer D; Stafford A; Fletcher M (2017) Core cities Green Deal monitoring project - Leeds. . Department of Energy and Climate Change.
- Peat M; Johnston D; Miles-Shenton D; Farmer D (2013) Post Construction and Early Occupation Study, Lancaster Co-housing Development - Design Review Report. . Leeds: Technology Strategy Board / Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Peat M; Stafford A; Miles-Shenton D; Farmer D (2013) Leeds Core Cities Monitoring and Evaluation Project: Renovations of Brick Built Solid Wall Terrace Properties - Design Review Report 01. . Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Peat M (2013) Building Fabric Performance Modelling: Thermal Bridging Report. . Leeds Metropolitan University.