Mike is the Course Director for Undergraduate and Post Graduate programmes in Building Services Engineering. Mike qualified with a BEng (Hons) Mechatronics in 2001 and an MEng Electronics and Telecommunications in 2003. Mike joined Leeds Beckett as a Senior Lecturer in 2013.
Mike has extensive has industrial experience. Working 20 years' in electronics engineering, non-linear control systems and acoustics. He also has 15 years' academic and teaching experience in the fields of building services engineering, electronics engineering, mechatronics and mathematics.
He has had extensive experience in software engineering for embedded systems and is now heavily involved in BIM software applications and technologies.
He is commencing a PhD in the areas of model predicative control for waste water treatment systems
- BEng(Hons) in Building Services Engineering
- Level 4: Building Services Design Principles ;Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Level 5: BMS and Controls; Engineering Mathematics
- Level 6: Building Physics (modelling and analysis); Intelligent Buildings Technology; Low Carbon Systems Design
- BSc(Hons) Building services engineering
- Level 6: Building Services Systems; Low Carbon Buildings and Renewables
- MSc Building services engineering
- Level 7: Sustainable Systems design; BIM and MEP, Building Energy Management Systems and Intelligent Buildings
Mikes research interests include include:
- Intelligent Buildings and Smart Cities
- Wavelet transforms for the structural acoustic control of musical instruments
- Genetic algorithms for HVAC control and optimisation
- Photogrammetric and Thermographic data fusion for defect detection in buildings
- The effect of artificial lighting systems on people with photosensitive epilepsy