- 2008 to present, Senior Lecturer for ITE Leeds Beckett University
- 2006 Teacher Fellow for Primary English Leeds Metropolitan University
- 1997 – 2006 Teaching in the primary school sector, in Leeds
- 1986 – 1997 Business management in various organisations in Leeds
- Specialise in teaching English and Phonics
- Academic Admissions Tutor for Primary (3-11) routes leading to Qualified Teacher Status
- Personal / Dissertation / Link TUTOR
Sutcliffe R; Linfield R; Riley G (2020) Re-valuing the role of the Personal Tutor : Face to face meetings to engage student teachers in professional conversations. A research summary working paper by Ruth Sutcliffe, Rachel Linfield and Gaynor Riley.
Sutcliffe R; Linfield RS; Riley G (2017) CONES: Compulsory Online Named Evaluations by Students – to quantify, evaluate and reflect?.
Sutcliffe R; Linfield R; Riley G; Archer J; Cummins E (2019) Presentations from the 10th TEAN (Teacher Education Advancement Network) Conference.
Sutcliffe R; Linfield R; Riley G; Nabb D; Glazzard J (2019) The search for 100% satisfaction with feedback. TEAN Journal, 11 (3), pp. 35-47.
Sutcliffe RE; Linfield R; Geldart RA (2014) Student Surveys - ‘You Don't Think About The Good Things’. Research in Education, 91 pp. 78-80.
Sutcliffe R; Linfield RS; Geldart R (2012) Reflections on the impact on data collection and analysis when 'insiders' carry out research into teacher education. Research in Education, 87 (1), pp. 104-105.
Sutcliffe R; Linfield R; Riley G (2019) Inspiring trainee teachers to engage with and use feedback. In: 10th TEAN Annual Conference, 9 May 2019 - 10 May 2019, Aston Conference Centre.
Sutcliffe R; Linfield R; Geldart RA (2015) Overcoming Assessment Challenges - Tipping the Balance. In: 5th International Assessment in Higher Education Conference, 24 June 2015 - 25 June 2015, Birmingham.
Sutcliffe R; Linfield RS; Geldart R (2014) The National Student Survey - thinking about the 'good things'?. In: 8th Excellence in Teaching Conference, King's College London.
Sutcliffe R; Linfield RS (2013) Planning for learning to use phonics. Practical Pre-School.