Research at Leeds Beckett
About Ruth Sutcliffe
- 2008 to present, Senior Lecturer for ITE Leeds Beckett University
- 2006 Teacher Fellow for Primary English Leeds Metropolitan University
- 1997 – 2006 Teaching in the primary school sector, in Leeds
- 1986 – 1997 Business management in various organisations in Leeds
- Specialise in teaching English and Phonics
- Academic Admissions Tutor for Primary (3-11) routes leading to Qualified Teacher Status
- Personal / Dissertation / Link TUTOR
Research InterestsRecent research includes collaborative projects investigating the way final year students respond to NSS statements; a review of factors that influence students’ decisions to accept university places and an investigation of students’ desires for ‘useful feedback’.
Journal articles (2)
- Sutcliffe RE; Linfield R; Geldart RA (2014), Student Surveys - 'You Don't Think About The Good Things'. Research in Education, vol. 91
View Repository Record
- Sutcliffe R; Linfield RS; Geldart R (2012), Reflections on the impact on data collection and analysis when 'insiders' carry out research into teacher education. Research in Education, vol. 87 (1), p. 104-105.