Stephanie Jameson is a Principal Lecturer and University Teacher Fellow. She is a member of the executive of the Council for Hospitality Management Education and a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Stephanie has been teaching and researching human resource management in the hospitality industry context for over 30 years. She was appointed by the Home Office as a Commissioner at the Commission for Racial Equality and was a Director of the Low Pay Unit. She has been a reviewer for the National Teaching Fellowship scheme for 8 years and is a reviewer for Fellowships of the Higher Education Academy.
Stephanie has been an External Examiner for hospitality management education in 8 universities including universities in Singapore and Switzerland. She has been an external adviser to Universities in India, Pakistan and Hong Kong. Recently, Stephanie has been part of the Higher Education Academy project with Dr. Peter Lugosi (Oxford Brookes University) which examined 'Teaching and Learning in the disciplines'.
Stephanie has won the Emerald 'Literati Prize' with Dr. Rick Holden and the ‘The Laureate Hospitality Achievement Award’, for outstanding achievement. She recently won the 'Clive Robertson prize' for the best paper in the Teaching and Learning stream (with P. Lugosi), at the recent Council for Hospitality Management Education conference.
Stephanie is on the Advisory Board of the European Mise en Place competition where she chairs a panel of judges from major hospitality companies.
Stephanie's current research is examining hospitality undergraduates' changing perceptions of careers in the hospitality industry. This is an international project with partners in New Zealand, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the US.
Journal articles (16)
- Lugosi P; Jameson S (2017) Challenges in Hospitality Management Education: Perspectives from the United Kingdom
View Repository Record
- Jameson S (2016) Leeds Beckett University's Holistic, Institutional Approach to Academic Integrity
View Repository Record
- Walmsley A; Thomas R; Jameson S (2012) Internships in SMEs and career intentions
- Holden R; Jameson S; Walmsley A (2007) New graduate employment within SMEs: still in the dark?
- Walmsley A; Thomas R; Jameson S (2006) Surprise and sense making: undergraduate placement experiences in SMEs
- Holden R; Jameson S; Lashley C (2005) Graduate Transition into employment in hospitality SMEs. On a road to nowhere?
- Holden R; Jameson S (2002) Employing graduates in SMEs: towards a research agenda
- Mcgunnigle PJ; Jameson S (2000) HRM in UK hotels: A focus on commitment
- Jameson S; Holden R (2000) "Graduateness" - who cares? Graduate identity in small hospitality firms
- Jameson S (2000) Recruitment and training in small firms
- Holden RJ; Jameson S (1999) A Preliminary investigation into the transition and utilisation of hospitality graduates in SMEs
- Jameson S (1992) The CRE's Investigation into the UK Hotel Industry
- Jameson S; Hargraves S (1990) A Comparative Analysis of the Job Opportunities Offered to Hotel and Catering Graduates
- West AJ; Jameson S (1990) Supervised Work Experience in Graduate Employment
- Jameson S; Johnson K (1989) Hotel Shop Stewards - a critical factor in the development of industrial relations in hotels?
- Jameson S; Johnson K (1985) The hotel shop steward - an emerging role in British industrial relations
- Cooke B; Smith S; Fitzgerald P; Coates C; Simpson J; Jones S; Thomson S; Jameson S; Pickford R (2014) Holistic course design at Leeds Metropolitan University. In: Brown S Learning, Teaching and Assessment in Higher Education. Global Perspectives.. : Palgrave, pp. .
- Holden R; Walmsley A; Jameson S (2009) Tourism graduates in Yorkshire: an emerging role for SMEs. In: Thomas R . : Great Northern, pp. .
- Jameson S (2008) International Hospitality Students' Development of Employability Skills in the Placement Module. In: Graves S; Maher A Developing Graduate Employability: Case Studies in Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism. : Threshold Press Ltd, pp. .
- Thomas R; Long J; Parsons D; Jameson S (2002) Old Skills in New Heritage: An analysis of skills supply, demand and utlisation in the UK's heritage sector. In: Andews N; Flanagan S; Ruddy J Tourism Destination Planning. Dublin: DIT, pp. 3-23.
- Jameson S; Holden R (1999) Employing Graduates in Hospitality Small to Medium-sized Enterprises: Context and Issues. In: Lee-Ross D HRM in Tourism and Hospitality: International Perspectives on Small to Medium -sized Enterprises. : Cassell, pp. .
- Jameson S; Thomas R; Friel M (1999) Small Business Management. In: Brotherton B The Handbook of Contemporary Hospitality Management Research. : Wiley, pp. .
- Jameson S; Worsfold P (1991) Human Resource Management: A response to change in the 1990s. In: Teare R; Boer A Strategic Hospitality Management Theory and Practice for the 1990s. : Cassell, pp. .