To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video


Problems with housing

If you are experiencing issues related to housing, the Students' Union Advice Service can help you resolve a wide range of different problems. The team will also check contracts for you so that you know exactly what you're signing up for. Call them on 0113 812 8400 or email them at

Finding a place to live & Unipol

There is a surplus of good quality housing in Leeds so there is no need to rush into signing a contract or worry about not finding a place to live. House-hunting officially starts in January, some landlords will start advertising their properties prior to this, but it is recommended that you wait until Unipol launch house-hunting season.

Unipol is a housing charity that aims to help students make informed decisions about the type of accommodation they would like to live in while studying in Leeds. Unipol is a good place to start your search for your student home.

If you're looking for a property in the wider private-rented sector, look out for Unipol's Code of Standards. This is an indicator of the quality of accommodation and reliability of the landlord.

Unipol website
Email –
Telephone – 0113 243 0169

Moving in

Changeover is around the end of June and the beginning of July. This is a very busy time in Leeds, and can be a strain on the local community as volumes of waste increase. Find out more about keeping Leeds tidy during changeover.

This page was last modified: 25/08/2020

Tell us what you think

Back to Top Button