Our university works closely with West Yorkshire Police to ensure the safety of our students and their belongings. 'Immobilise' allows you to record your electronic equipment on a national database. This makes it harder for a burglar to sell stolen goods and can help the police return items to you.
Immobilise helps Police identify the owners of recovered property thousands of times everyday and as soon as you update your details they are immediately available to the Police nationally. Registering your property will help simplify any potential insurance claims and Police reports
Keep an eye out for our teams at fresher's week and throughout the year who can help register and mark your items. You can also register your items anytime at www.immobilise.com.
Top tips to keep your items secure
- Use a UV marker pen to mark your property with your home postcode and your house number.
- Be vigilant when using your mobile phone. If your phone is stolen, call your network or 0870 1123 123 to immobilise it.
- Make sure your home is secure by locking windows and doors when unoccupied, even if you only intend to be away for a short time.
- Keep handbags, purses, wallets and mobile phones in a safe place at all times. Place them in a drawer that can be locked or keep them with you.
- Keep computers and other valuables away from windows, particularly on lower floors.
- Don’t advertise your absence from home on any social networking sites.
- Make sure you do not let strangers into your building.
- If you are holding a house party don’t openly advertise the event on open networks and ensure that you lock your valuables away in a bedroom