To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video


Requesting official letters

What official documents can I request?

You may need to prove your status as a student, or provide proof of your academic record, for a variety of reasons.

To help you with this, the Student Advice Hub can provide: 

  • Bank Letters
    Used when you need to prove you are studying here, so that you can open a student bank account in the UK.
    Bank Letters are free.
  • Confirmation of Enrolment Letters
    These letters confirm your status as a student. You might need a Confirmation of Enrolment letter to show to your employer, pension provider or to send to your parents or guardians to enable their benefits and housing arrangements to be changed to reflect your status as a university student.
    Confirmation of Enrolment Letters are free.
  • Transcripts
    A transcript confirms your academic record to date. Electronic transcripts are free, and paper copies can be produced for a small administration fee. More information about transcripts, postage and charges can be found on our dedicated transcripts webpage.

We have set up a dedicated form where you can request a Bank Letter and/or Confirmation of Enrolment Letter to be emailed to you, or posted to a UK address of your choice, free of charge. Doing this helps us to do all we can to keep our students and staff safe from COVID-19, by reducing the need for you to come onto campus to collect it. Postage and emails are free.

You must check your details are correct before you request a letter. You can find out how to check and amend these in our "How to Update Your Contact Details" guide.

Document Request Form Right Arrow

This page was last modified: 12/01/2021

Tell us what you think

Back to Top Button