Suspending Your Studies
Suspending your studies can have many implications on you at the time of the suspension and in the future.
This includes the following (amongst others):
- You may still be liable for tuition fees and other fees relating to accommodation, etc
- Your agreement with a sponsor (and in some cases the requirement to pay back or return funds to a sponsor)
- Your entitlement to funding through bodies such as the Student Loans Company
- Your visa and Tier 4 status
If you are considering suspending your studies, you should discuss this with your Course Leader, Personal Tutor or Student Liaison Officer in the first instance.
If you then still wish to suspend your studies, you are required to complete a 'Request for Suspension of Studies Form' - available from your Student administrator or course leader. You will need to discuss the content of this form and your request with your Course Leader who also may refer you to another university service for further help and advice.
They may also direct you to further advice and guidance from:
- Student Money Advice Team
- International Student Advice Service
- Student Wellbeing Team
- Student Union Advice Team
You are free to seek help from any of these services at any time to discuss your options and find out what impact a permanent withdrawal may have prior to taking the decision.
Your Course Leader is required to agree to the suspension of studies and your expected date of return.
Once the form is completed, you need to submit this to your Student Administrator who will process the agreed dates you will suspend your studies and your expected date of return.