Welcome January 2021
Students living at home or commuting
Living at home or commuting doesn’t mean you’ll miss out on getting the ‘full’ university experience, wherever you’re living, we want to ensure you have all the support and opportunities you need in place to have a great time at Leeds Beckett.
You may already be living in the local area, if so, that gives you a great head start over students who are moving to Leeds for the first time. Don’t be surprised if students who are new to Leeds keep asking you for advice as they learn their way around and find out more about Leeds.
Every resource, service and opportunity is available to you, so make sure you make the most and get involved.
Join the Students’ Union Facebook page for Commuter Students. Here you’ll be able to find other students who are living at home, stay on top of what’s on and how to get involved.
Familiarise yourself with your Students’ Union
From advice and support, to activities and events, your Students’ Union is here to support you. Here’s just a few of the things they have on offer:
- Meet your newly elected Officers they are here to represent you
- Volunteer to become a Course Rep Course Representatives are there to represent your views and work to resolve any issues that you may have on your course
Join a Society there are nearly 100 different societies to choose from. Can’t find one that matches your interests? Don’t worry, you can create your own.
- Register for Volunteering the SU have a wide range of opportunities to get involved with.
- Be aware of the support available Leeds Beckett Students’ Union Advice Service provides confidential and independent free help and advice to all students at Leeds Beckett University.
- Follow them on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter to stay up to date with the latest news, events
Apply for your TOTUM Card (previously known as NUS Card) You can apply online and save money at over 250 stores including Boots, Co-Op and ASOS.
Leeds Beckett Students’ Union will be running events in February 2021. Keep checking the Students’ Union’s website for more information.
Find out about the wide range of facilities and services offered by our Sport & Active Lifestyles team Although things may be delivered a little differently this year, there’s still lots of opportunities to get involved.
Find out more about your Student Advice Hub team, the support they can offer you before you arrive, during Welcome and Induction and all throughout your student experienceMature students If you’re also over 21, we have lots of information regarding life as a mature student. Our Students’ Union also has a Facebook page specifically for mature students, as well as a Mature Students’ Society you may wish to join.
Want to know more? Visit our Living at home while studying page
This page was last modified: 25/08/2020