University Business Centre - Halifax
Supporting business success in Calderdale
With more than 16,500 square feet of accommodation across three floors, Piece Mill offers flexible, affordable office contracts including registered business address, co-working and virtual office packages along with access to a wide range of support to your business to grow.
Piece Mill: an ideal location for early stage and growing businesses
Piece Mill is a newly redeveloped 200-year-old mill, located alongside Piece Hall in the heart of Halifax.
Fully renovated in 2018, Piece Mill’s industrial heritage has been maintained with exposed brickwork and cast iron columns contributing to the contemporary new look. The result is three floors of light, open plan office space, inspiring communal areas and professional meeting spaces all contributing to a vibrant working environment.
Leeds Beckett University’s Business Centres are more than just a physical space. Base your business with us to be part of our wider community, with access to business growth support, quality training and regular networking events.
Situated just a short walk away from Halifax train station and within easy access of the M62 with its links to Leeds and Manchester our University Business Centre - Halifax provides a unique environment and supportive community for businesses to thrive.
- Flexible membership packages including virtual office, co-working and registered business address
- Private offices available from from 86 to 1697 square feet
- Character features including exposed brickwork, cast iron beams and columns
- Gigabit connectivity gives unlimited bandwidth and high reliability
- Kitchen facilities and on site showers
- Meeting facilities include video conferencing, touch screen and tea and coffee.
- Access to the Business Lounge - an informal place to meet and make connections through our partnership with networking organisations such as the Institute of Directors and Unity Club.
- Access to funded business growth support including mentoring, training and diagnostics (eligibility criteria apply)
- Networking and business development opportunities, including regular free events, onsite legal and accountancy clinics and a comprehensive training programme.
- Access to university expertise including research, consultancy and continuous professional development
- Free membership of the Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce. (Terms and conditions apply)
Our Virtual Office package is ideal for businesses who are looking for a professional business address and mail forwarding with additional access to our business lounge and up to 4 hours free use of meeting space per month.
Virtual Office Plus – as above but with 40 hours free co-working and printing/copying services – from £55pcm
Virtual Office Executive – all the benefits of Virtual Office Plus but with additional access to onsite legal, accountancy and finance clinics, one to advice and mentoring with our Business Advisor and 1 years’ free membership of the Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce – from £75pcm
Where to find us
Our Halifax University Business Centre has excellent transport links and is located just 200m away from Halifax station with connections to Manchester and Leeds in under an hour. The M62 motorway is only a 15 minute drive away and the town centre benefits from several large multi storey car parks.
University Business Centre- Halifax
27 Horton Street
"The chance to join the new Centre was a welcome homecoming…there’s a real buzz about Halifax at the moment with increased support for start-ups and more digital talent moving to the area, it’s the perfect place to be based’’