There were lots of things to think about before we arrived here in Leeds. And it was all worth it! Leeds is such a wonderful city to be in, especially for students. Everything you need is literally a few steps away. There are a lot of markets, shops, restaurants, pharmacies, and pubs all around the city. There are even speciality shops such as Asian stores for Asian families and students like us. Leeds Beckett University Global Village also offers a lot of international student help and tours, so we were able to tour campuses and various landmarks in Leeds for free! The Students’ Union also organised various events such as the massive Freshers Fair where we got to meet the different societies and bag loads of freebies. I got to explore so much and meet new amazing people. I would say that Leeds has made me less homesick than I actually expected. It's such an ideal place to visit, study and live.

Watch my vlog to see what I got up to in my first week here and what you have to look forward to exploring too. 

Roe

Hi! My name is Roegene, but people call me Roe. I am a postgraduate student at Leeds Beckett University studying Graduate Masters in Business Administration. I was born and raised in Manila, Philippines. I am very much connected to my Asian roots, therefore I love cooking, dancing, travelling, and watching dramas.