How to Apply
Postgraduate & Professional Courses
Whatever your reason for considering postgraduate study, we can give you access to outstanding facilities, industry experts and key employers. It’s an opportunity to take control of your future. We offer more than 200 taught postgraduate and professional courses which are available full-time, part-time and online in some cases.
Using the online prospectus begin by selecting the subject you wish to study and then look at the postgraduate courses in that area. You can also order a printed prospectus and contact us if you’d like to speak to a tutor for your chosen course.
Making your application
Before you apply please take some time to familiarise yourself with the admissions policy relevant to your year of entry and the requirements of your intended course of study on our online prospectus.
The quickest and most efficient way to apply for one of our postgraduate programmes is to apply online. This way, you can also track your application at each stage of the process.
Once you have found the course you want to apply for you should click on the 'Apply Now' button and create an Apply Online account.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact our Student Admissions team for a printed application form. Our team will also be happy to answer any questions you may have about applying for postgraduate study.
You can contact them on 0113 812 3113 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Course Application Details
- Teacher Training (PGCE) - If you are applying for a teacher training course, you will apply to the UCAS Teacher Training (UTT). Our online prospectus will direct you to the online application form you need for these courses – hit the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- MA Social Work - For this course you apply via UCAS. When you select this course on our online prospectus, you will be directed to the online application form you need – hit the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- PG Dip Legal Practice and PG Dip Law - For full-time entry to these courses you should apply to the Central Applications Board. Part-time applicants should apply directly to Leeds Beckett.
- MA Art Psychotherapy - You need to apply directly to the Art Therapy Northern Programme for this course. Click on the 'Apply Now' button when you select this course on the online prospectus and you will be taken to the relevant website.
You will also need to ensure you meet our English language requirements.
Before you apply make sure you have all your supporting documents ready to upload to your application. The following information will usually be needed before we can make a decision on your application:
- Degree certificate and academic transcripts.
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- A reference to support your application, either academic or professional, a template can be accessed here.
If you do not have your supporting documents to upload to the online application form at the time of applying we will normally contact you to advise you of which documents are outstanding and will hold off processing your application until we have received them. You can submit your documents at a later date by uploading them to your application, by email or post.
Things to Remember
Remember to complete all relevant sections of the application form to avoid any delays in the processing of your application. When you have completed your application click the 'application is complete' button at the bottom of the page.
When you have submitted your application we will send you an acknowledgement email which includes your ID Number. Please remember to always quote this ID Number whenever you contact the University.
For the majority of our postgraduate courses there are no fixed application deadlines, but our courses are popular and may become full, so it's in your interests to apply as early as possible. Check when your course starts on the online prospectus as many of our postgraduate courses have multiple start dates in September, January, April or May.
If you would like to visit Leeds Beckett to learn more about postgraduate opportunities, then please register for our Open Day.
We do have quieter blocks for Postgraduate students - please request this on your application form and we will do our best to accommodate your preferences.
For the majority of postgraduate courses we would require you to have an undergraduate degree, however the entry requirements vary from course to course. All entry requirements for our postgraduate courses can be found on our online prospectus.
For the majority of Postgraduate courses we do not have a set deadlines as there can be different start times throughout the year. Instead, we will continue to accept applications until the course is full. Therefore we would always recommend applying as early as possible.
Please be aware that some professional qualifications and postgraduate courses in the areas of Health and Education have an application deadline. If you have any questions about application deadlines, please get in contact with a member of the course enquiries team by emailing the Admissions team on email@example.com or by telephoning 0113 812 3113.