[Skip to content]
To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Applying to Leeds Beckett

How to apply

If you haven't yet decided which course you would like to apply for, please see our full list of courses.

English language requirements for Tier 4 visas

For applicants requiring a Tier 4 visa to study one of our courses at degree level (NQF level 6) and above, we will accept these English language qualifications as being equivalent to IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5 (CEFR B2). Please note that some courses will have a higher English language requirement – please refer to the online prospectus for more information.

If you are applying for a course below degree level (NQF level 5 and below) then you must have an English language qualification from the UKVI list of Secure English Language Tests (SELT) – further information on this can be found on the UKVI website. For information on approved test centres and to register for an approved IELTS test please go to the IELTS website.

If you are not sure whether your English language qualification meets our entry requirements please do not hesitate to contact the International Office either by email (internationaloffice@Leedsbeckett.ac.uk) or by telephone on +44 113 812 1111.

Need help?

If you have any questions or need help with your application, please don't hesitate to email internationaloffice@leedsbeckett.ac.uk. Our friendly team will be happy to help.

Alternatively, if you prefer, you can contact your nearest representative for further support. Please note that agents may charge for selected services.

Extra financial help

Foundation courses with NCUK

Leeds Beckett University is a proud University Partner of NCUK. NCUK is a consortium of 16 leading UK universities dedicated to giving international students guaranteed access to university and helping them succeed when they get there. Since 1987, NCUK has helped over 30,000 international students gain guaranteed access to university. 

NCUK offers foundation and graduate pathway programmes, which are taught and quality assured by its global network of Study Centres around the world, and has more than 50 Study Centres in more than 18 countries. If you pass your NCUK Qualification, you are guaranteed a place at an NCUK Partner University.

All NCUK qualifications include unique language and study skills preparation modules, English for Academic Purposes (EAP). These modules will equip you with the skills you need to succeed in your studies at a UK university.

NCUK also has a dedicated University Admissions and Placement Services team, who will support you at all stages throughout your university application process.

To find out more information about NCUK and how they can help you, visit their website: www.ncuk.ac.uk

International FAQs

Plus Icon Do I need to attend a course interview?
Certain courses require an interview as part of the entrance requirements. Please note that this is a requirement of our University and not part of the immigration process. This information is detailed in the course requirements section of the Online Prospectus. Please note: You will be required to evidence your English language ability through one of the qualifications listed in our University entrance requirements. This cannot be met through interview alone.
Plus Icon How will I make friends with other students?
To help you make friends with other international and home students, we run a mentor scheme and an International Social Network. Leeds Beckett International Mentors gives new students the opportunity to make new friends quickly and to benefit from the support and advice of current students keen to share their experience. We also run an International Social Network, which holds social activities and trips through-out the year and keeps you up to date with part-time work and other important information. For more details of all our mentor scheme or social network, please email Kathryn Firth.
Plus Icon What are the annual living costs?
In addition to tuition fees, we recommend that you budget to cover other costs, including accommodation, food, transport and social activities

It is difficult to suggest to you exactly how much money you will need to support yourself, as each person's circumstances will be different, but please see below for guidance:

Living expenses (including accommodation): £9,135
Please note that these living expenses are estimated and dependent on your lifestyle.

Check out www.studentcalculator.org.uk/international/ for advice and tools to help you plan and manage your budget whilst studying in the UK.
Plus Icon How can I get help with my visa and the immigration process?
Our Student Immigration Advice and Compliance team (SIAC), based in Leighton Hall on our Headingley Campus can offer advice on immigration and visa matters (including visa extensions).

Our advice is available free of charge and follows the Rules and Code of Standards of the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and the United Kingdom Visa and Immigration Agency.

Email us for support with visa and immigration etc. or find out more on the Student Immigration Advice and Compliance team website.

Back to Top Button
Back to Top Button