Our dance club provides a range of different dance styles suitable for all abilities. These include: Ballet, Lyrical, Jazz, Commercial, Hip-hop and new for 2018/19 contemporary class.
Dance is a great way to relieve yourself from all the stress of exams and revision. It is a place you can come if you’re feeling down and guaranteed you will leave a class in a much happier frame of mind. All our team are welcoming and friendly and we promise that joining this team you will make friends for life.
Leeds Beckett Dance is also one of the most up and coming teams with constant fresh ideas and achievements which saw us become Club of the Year in 2018, an award we hope to hold onto in the future.
Auditions have now concluded for our competition squads, but new members are still welcome at our lessons. For more information, please contact the club on the below details.
You will not need to buy any kit or equipment to be part of the dance club. We do have Activewear that will be available for purchase, however, which we encourage all of our members to buy as we like our team to look the same when attending competitions and events.
- We have had seven first place medals and 13 trophies across two competitions this year, as well as an award for the best overall club in one of our competitions.
- At the 2018 Leeds Beckett Sports Awards we received the Non-BUCS Club of the Year - our biggest ever achievement at the awards evening
- Last year was the highest amount of sign-ups we have ever had to the club - including the number of Athletic Union memberships - which has allowed us to have bigger competition teams.
We also took part in many challenges last year:
- Teamed up with Thai Boxing and took part in each others disciplines - we ‘gave Thai a Try’ and the boxers ‘Gave Dance a Chance’
- Cycled 1201 miles as a team on stationary bikes, travelling from our campus at Leeds to Rimini, to raise money for the Malala fund and raised £1200!
We also host an annual showcase event where we show all of our friends and family our competition routines, class routines and any other achievements we have done throughout the year.
We perform at other events such as Varsity and Battle of the North allowing us to gain more recognition and show off what we have as a team.
Tuesday and Thursdays Headingley campus - competition rehearsals, dates & times to be confirmed.
Wednesdays at City campus we hold weekly classes in all genres to make sure no one is missing out on the new ideas our team captains have.
Zumba is an energetic dance class that incorporates many different dance styles, including Samba, Rumba and Merengue to an inspirational rhythm. You’ll forget how hard you’re working and how many calories you’re burning, so ditch the workout and join the party!
For more information regarding the class times, please click here.