Careers Support for Graduates
As a graduate of Leeds Beckett University, you are entitled to use the services provided by the Employability team for 5 years after graduation.
We can support graduates with all aspects of career planning and decision making, as well as with making effective job applications.
Our service offers:
- A drop-in or "triage" service at both campuses. At City (The Gateway, Leslie Silver Building) or Headingley (Headingley Student Hub - formerly the Helpzone) you can talk to one of our Careers Information Officers for some initial information and advice. See the contact details to the right of the page if visiting us is not convenient.
- MyHub - you can access a huge range of online resources, search for vacancies (including opportunities notified direct to our University), and sign up for workshops & events.
- Individual careers appointments. Careers Consultants can help you think about your career path, whether you know what you want to do or not. You can also get help with making applications, interview techniques, applying for further study, searching for jobs, and plenty more! These are available face-to-face and also via telephone or Skype if you are no longer in Leeds or it is difficult for you to visit us.
- Careers events & workshops. We offer a broad programme of workshops delivered by members of our team, employers and other external speakers that you are welcome to attend.
- Help with finding employment. You can gain access to a wide range of student and graduate vacancies, on campus, regionally and nationally, via our Jobshop and MyHub.
You can arrange an appointment by visiting or phoning the team. If you have moved away from the Leeds area since graduating, you can still speak with a Careers Consultant – just get in touch to arrange a telephone appointment.
Searching for Jobs and Writing Applications