Our multidisciplinary team of researchers and practitioners in food, nutrition and health are experienced in providing consultancy and bespoke training to clients from both private and public sector organisations within the health care sector. Helen White and Ursula Philpot are experts in the following specialist areas:
- Standards, policy, pathways and guidelines development
- Nutrition service evaluation and development
- Dietetic Mental Health Services
- Clinical outcome measures in health
- Service evaluation in chronic disease
- Weight management service provision
- Disordered eating/ eating disorders management
- Behaviour change and motivational interviewing
- Food and mood
- Nutritional interventions
- Chronic disease
Through our bespoke training, our team can work with you to develop effective practice and clinical and professional skills within the workforce. Our consultants also have experience of working with clients to develop organisational and national policy and have presented health research findings at regional, national and international conferences.
Our University has state-of-the-art laboratories, some of these facilities are available for hire.
The team have extensive experience in collaborative research, clinical and service provision within the NHS. As registered dietitians, they continue to work in joint roles across the health and academic sectors, allowing a unique insight into service provision and evaluation.
Ursula Philpot is a member of the "Clinical Reference Group for Eating Disorders" for Yorkshire and Humber, which is responsible for developing national service specifications for specialist eating disorders services. Helen White works within interdisciplinary nutritional research in chronic disease and is Co-Chair of the "European Cystic Fibrosis Nutrition Group" and a member of the "European Cystic Fibrosis Society Scientific Committee".
Clients mostly come from local authorities and NHS trusts. However we have also worked with private companies including international pharmaceutical organisations.
Examples of clients we have worked with previously include:
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS trust - weight management service re-design
- Leeds and York NHS Partnership Trust - evaluation of nutrition policy for forensic services
- Central Lancashire Mental Health Trust - service design and referral systems
- South Tyneside Foundation Trust - training in motivational interviewing skills within teams
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust and Gilead UK - a joint research collaboration examining adherence in chronic disease
- University Hospitals of Leicester - development and evaluation of clinical competencies
- Novartis - design of health service literature and media for adolescent transition to adult chronic disease services
If you have a specific training needs or a project you would like to discuss or, for general information about our consultancy services please contact our University Enterprise Office on 0113 8121904.