Things Only Mum Can Get Away With...
Just because you're away from home, you can't forget all the perks of having your mum who always has your back no matter what.
Here's our shortlist of the irritating but heartwarming things that mum has perfected:
1. Hanging your coat up when you leave it on the bed or floor. Even if you only put it there 7 seconds ago.
2. When you come home for the weekend and she greets you with ‘oh, you look…well’. Basically meaning you might want to consider laying off the biscuits and takeaways.
3. Telling you to use a glass as you're chugging back the contents of that 2-litre bottle of cola.
4. Turning the music down in the car as you're close to your destination so that she can 'see better', of course.
5. Full naming you and making you feel like the naughtiest human being on the planet. If you don't suddenly question your whole life whenever you hear it, you're not human.
6. Making you feel genuinely disappointed in yourself for phoning in sick with a hangover. Sorry Mum!
7. Letting your siblings get away with things you never could but they're the youngest so the need an extra bit of love. So she claims anyway...
8. Waiting until you move out to buy a widescreen TV, or even worse - turn your room into some sort of dressing room or home gym.
9. Making your bed for you before you come back from a night out. It's pure bliss when you left all 9 of your potential outfits all over the floor and then it's spotless again.
10. Sending a birthday card, a text AND writing on your Facebook wall within the space of 10 minutes. Play it cool mum, I know you're reminiscing on the day I was born but it's ok...
11. Reminding you that you will catch a cold if you leave the house without a jacket…followed by ‘what did I tell you?’ if you ever sneeze or cough.
12. Telling you to 'watch that glass' on the floor everytime you move or if you're about to get up like you're completely unaware you put it there 20 seconds ago. Just put it on the table to stop her stressing!
And best of all loving you unconditionally - let's hear it for Mum!