- DISTANCE LEARNING
- Our courses
- How to apply
- Why choose Leeds Beckett
- Information for employers
- Contact us
Distance learning for business
If you run a business or organisation, you know that success doesn't depend on your technology or premises, but on the skills and qualities of your people.
Ongoing learning and professional development can have a transformative effect on your business - and our Distance Learning courses enable your staff to build their knowledge and skills without having to take time off work.
Your business needs...
- new skills and techniques
- better leaders and managers
- a more strategic approach to business problems
Whatever your needs, our courses are designed with the workplace in mind and will help your organisation thrive.
The benefits for employers
At Leeds Beckett, we have a great track record of working with business and professional bodies to ensure our courses deliver learning that has an impact from day one.
Employers of all sizes are discovering that distance learning is a flexible way to business success:
- Improved performance - staff learn new skills, which can be put to work immediately
- Business as usual - staff study in their own time, fitting their studies around their work, family and social commitments, so there's no disruption to day-to-day business
- Cost effectiveness - developing staff can be cheaper than hiring new employees and your commitment to staff development will help to mark you out as a great employer
- Popularity - many of the world’s top firms sponsor staff through higher education.
What courses do we offer?
Take a look at our What courses are available page to see what we can offer your business. Most, but not all, of our courses are at postgraduate level in sectors that include:
- Business and Management
- Construction Law
- Events Management
- Facilities Management
- Information Technology
- Travel and Tourism
We have strong links with a wide range of industry bodies, many of whom accredit our courses. This ensures that what we teach - and what your staff learn - is best practice for the industry or sector.
Our business and industry partners include:
- Chartered Management Institute
- National Skills Academy for Sport and Active Leisure
- The Institute of Hospitality
- The National Outdoor Events Association
- British Hospitality Association
- Institute of Travel and Tourism
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
We offer a variety of ways for employers to make a contribution, including sponsorship, payment by instalments, or we can discuss ways in which you can share the cost with your staff.
Contact us to find out how Leeds Beckett can help your business.